Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all. GLA250 owner from MN here. Picked it up Christmas week to replace a 2005 Xterra that was starting to get expensive to maintain.

Wife and I had been looking for a new all-season vehicle for a while, and drove almost every single wagon/crossover on the market over the course of a few months:

Porsche Macan (S and Turbo)
Audi Allroad, Q3, Q5
BMW X1, X3
Honda CRV (wife likes Hondas)
Subaru Impreza, WRX, Outback, Crosstrek
Range Rover Evoque
Lexus RX
Infinity QX50
Nissan Murano

Honestly the GLA wasn't even on our radar and I didn't even know about it until I noticed one (ironically) while bringing my Xterra in for service.

I immediately fell in love with the looks and all of the standard options for the money, and after almost a month of driving in MN winter I'm now a HUGE fan of 4Matic. We didn't need something as big as the Xterra any more but I still had a bit of anxiety about downsizing. My fears were squashed when I realized I could put two complete sets of 18" wheels and tires in the back to swap winter tires out on my other car :)

Another added perk is I haven't seen a single other GLA on the road here in Minneapolis since I bought it. I've noticed this gets a lot of attention (mostly from people in Jeeps and Subarus) and I've had people ask me about it every time I've stopped at a gas station.

First 1000 miles have been joy and I'm looking forward learning from the rest of the owners on here!

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Plenty of options there. Glad you ended up with the GLA, and also glad that you are getting positive attention for it. ALways good to hear.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts