Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow, yet I thought they already went through that.
It will be interesting to see what it's going to be like.
As much of a piss of as it can be for some of us, it's likely what's best for the brand.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, yet I thought they already went through that.
It will be interesting to see what it's going to be like.
As much of a piss of as it can be for some of us, it's likely what's best for the brand.
not sure how you can say that when Infiniti tried a similar wholescale rename of all their models and their sales are still floundering. Oh you think Mercedes is better than Infiniti, sure at product, but Mercedes like Infiniti is still at the mercy of consumer perception at the end of the day...

·
Registered
694 Posts
not sure how you can say that when Infiniti tried a similar wholescale rename of all their models and their sales are still floundering. Oh you think Mercedes is better than Infiniti, sure at product, but Mercedes like Infiniti is still at the mercy of consumer perception at the end of the day...
that's what i noticed with infiniti, naming scheme shouldn't have much of an effect.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't think that a name is really going to sell a vehicle but I do think its a good idea to create a naming system that organizes the models nicely for consumers, especially in the modern auto industry where companies are adding more and more models to their lineups that are constantly creating new segments.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I mean the Mercedes naming scheme is pretty confusing right now. It makes sense that they would want to change it. BMW made its naming scheme more understandable. I think that over time you probably have to reorganize your vehicle models in order to make everything make sense again. I think its also because names these days are all numbers and letters. Less companies are actually naming their cars with names instead of number and letter combos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts