Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to the group and a new Mercedes owner. I bought a 2015 GLA 250 and I wanted to pull a small travel trailer. When it comes to having a light kit installed I cant seem to find anyone willing to do it. There are a few responses I get, among them being, there is no actual light kit part number assigned to your vehicle, I could maybe install a light kit but then I cant guarantee you wont have to go to the Mercedes dealer and have the car flashed, I can maybe install a flat 4 wire but the 7 wire you need for braking will really cause the OBC to go nuts or they say call Mercedes and see if they will do it. Mercedes tells me flat out no, wont do it.
My first question is, why pray tell do they include a tow package but they don't want you or expect you to tow anything?
I was able to get Uhaul to install the hitch but they didn't want any part of installing lights. Not sure how to proceed so any suggestions are welcomed. I live in Pittsburgh and snowbird in Cape Coral Florida. So far, the only one that was willing to do it in Pittsburgh was a camper dealer but they quoted me $513!
Is there a recommended light kit that will work? And once the direct 4 wire is installed is there a 7 wire kit that will convert it? WHILE at the same time prevent the OBC from generating error codes?
Thx in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
Use the search function to find ...

Mercedes GLA Hitch Wiring Thread

This should supply answers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts