Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a GLA 45 AMG Black on Black... I dont do well with black so I will be wrapping it pearl white if the next two days.
Thank you everyone for the valuable information you provide here

·
Registered
295 Posts
@chicknfeet welcome to the forum.
congrats on picking up a GLA 45 AMG!

Do keep us posted on the wrapping process, i'd love to see that. Chances are you'll have one of the first wrapped GLA 45 AMG's around.

Didn't the GLA 45 AMG also come in white?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@chicknfeet welcome to the forum.
congrats on picking up a GLA 45 AMG!

Do keep us posted on the wrapping process, i'd love to see that. Chances are you'll have one of the first wrapped GLA 45 AMG's around.

Didn't the GLA 45 AMG also come in white?
Yes sir white was available locally just not optioned the way I preferred but the truth is I had a lease return and needed to get a deal done ASAP as I have a baby coming soon and I didn't want to waste time hunting for a car. Also this car is not my daily or even weekly driver it just if I need to get a round.

Reactions: A.T.L.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes sir white was available locally just not optioned the way I preferred but the truth is I had a lease return and needed to get a deal done ASAP as I have a baby coming soon and I didn't want to waste time hunting for a car. Also this car is not my daily or even weekly driver it just if I need to get a round.
So what other vehicles do you have that you use on a regular basis? The GLA seems like a daily driver kinda car to me.

Welcome to our little forum!

·
Registered
42 Posts
That explains a lot I was just about to say why not just get it in white.

You said you dont' do well with black. Why is that? high maintenance but is white the same thing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what other vehicles do you have that you use on a regular basis? The GLA seems like a daily driver kinda car to me.

Welcome to our little forum!
I have many different vehicles... but as for a daily I drive a Renault Twizy as I only work one mile from home to work. I traded 2012 E63 for the GLA45 when I realized I had only driven the E63 1400 miles for the year.
The GLA will serve as my work car and errand car when the distance is to great for the Twizy or I need a passenger/s. Ive always owned the big AMG cars (E,CLS,G,S,CL) to fit the family and still have the power and performance when needed but Recently we traded my fiances C250 for Audi SQ5 and that took needing a family car out of the equation. However I still need passenger room for client lunches.
Fast is something I will always crave but I still have a Nissan GTR for the needed thrill of power. Plus I have a Campagna T-Rex, Ariel Atom and a few classic Minis. really at the end of the day this GLA has been a blast and we are enjoying it as a family. For the record people including the MB dealer cannot believe I traded my E63 for a GLA and they even questioned why???? but honest truth is... it's best for my current life style and I'm super happy I made the trade. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That explains a lot I was just about to say why not just get it in white.

You said you dont' do well with black. Why is that? high maintenance but is white the same thing?
black show way to many blemishes in my opinion. I think Black is the best color just no for me

·
Registered
295 Posts

@chicknfeet was white what you really wanted or was it some other color and if another color, what was it?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I'm a bit curious what the GLA45 would look like if you wrapped all the plastic trim parts and liner around the wheel-wells to match the whole body color... I wonder if it would look clean or if it would look strange...?

In my unimportant opinion, BLACK is the most beautiful color when well-maintained, however, on this vehicle, the body lines really do 'pop' all the time with the white paint.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@chicknfeet was white what you really wanted or was it some other color and if another color, what was it?

Yes white was the color I wanted but closing a deal before my baby boy is born (literally any minute) was most important and I wouldn't have time to go play car games. That's the great thing about wrapping we can have any color anytime :) BTW this is a 24 month lease. Also if your thinking wrapping might be a waste its not either way I would have clear bra'd the entire front

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a bit curious what the GLA45 would look like if you wrapped all the plastic trim parts and liner around the wheel-wells to match the whole body color... I wonder if it would look clean or if it would look strange...?

In my unimportant opinion, BLACK is the most beautiful color when well-maintained, however, on this vehicle, the body lines really do 'pop' all the time with the white paint.
we wont be wrapping the plastic trim, only the body itself. BTW I love black its just not for me. I moved from and all black fleet to all white because its easier to keep clean mentally ;) well I do also have a gray T-Rex which is a big change for me.

Reactions: julesbchillin
1 - 11 of 11 Posts