Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been keeping up with this forum ever since I bought my 2017 QX30 (Half sibling to GLA250), so I decided to join. My QX30 has been reliable and is now at 54K miles. Are there any higher mileage concerns I should be aware of like carbon build up on the intake valves, water pump failures, etc? The QX30 had a short run and sold less than 30K units and very few will have higher mileage.

You always hear the horror stories about higher mileage european cars being money pits, but I am not seeing much online that backs that up in regards to the GLA.

This is a great forum and happy to be a member. Thanks everyone in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
Welcome!!!

The search function is your friend. There have been a couple reports on water pumps and thermostats but this does not seem to be an endemic problem. The same goes for the PCV valve. Most other glitches seem to be electrical. As with all newer cars it is important to keep the battery fully charged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome, even though I just joined last week so I'm a new guy too. Same as you, I was learning everything I could from the good people on these forums. Joined after buying a CPO 2017 GLA 250 with under 14,000 miles on it. I actually preferred the QX30 Sport to the GLA but couldn't find one with the options I wanted with low miles and at a decent price. Test drove a couple QX30's I was considering and liked them a lot. Nice vehicle!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts