Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post this info as one of my headlights had some condensation appear after I got it home from the dealer. Thought it might be an issue and was going to call the service dept but saw this in the manual. Apparently it is not a big deal...

Headlamps fogged up on the inside
Certain climatic and physical conditions may cause moisture to form in the headlamp. This moisture does not affect the functionality of the headlamp

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thought I would post this info as one of my headlights had some condensation appear after I got it home from the dealer. Thought it might be an issue and was going to call the service dept but saw this in the manual. Apparently it is not a big deal...

Headlamps fogged up on the inside
Certain climatic and physical conditions may cause moisture to form in the headlamp. This moisture does not affect the functionality of the headlamp

I noticed the same problem in my GLA yesterday as I have driven in snow shower. Had to visit workshop. Now I know I don't have to..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've also had the same on both headlights when using the Sea ferry across the channel before Christmas, driving on the lights were clear, driving off and they fogged up in the bottom section near the grille... I guess it's like the manual says that the differences in air temperature can create condensation... which means the unit is not sealed... but I'm not happy that it remained for a couple of hours driving in the dark...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed this in my fog light when I had the car only a few hours. I called the dealer. They told me that they have to let air in there. Mid not, the heat from the light I'll make it pop. That heat will also take care of any condensation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts