Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at MY16 GLAs and CLAs and I noticed that they had updated head units with the newer comand interface. Would it be possible to retrofit it into a MY15 car? I know that people have upgraded their head units in other Mercedes vehicles before

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are two manufacturers out there. The one listed above is likely one of them. One is Korean the other Chinese. Other than those details I don't recall more - but search around here and CLA forum and you'll see tons.

You cannot replace the head unit as it would require replacing more than just screen - obviously the guts behind the buttons, MOST bus incorporation, and amp section. However, one of these screen systems (if not both) come with options. They can either screen mirror iOS or Android and one of them has a full android module so you can build your own interface basically.

The issue I've found with these is two fold - first, they are high gloss displays so very reflective. Second, there is no automatic ambient light sensor. They sense night on/off based on headlight, but not brightness. So while you may have it cranked to overcome the gloss during the day, at night, the same brightness is in play, just in the reversed/darkened view. If these two things can be fixed, I'd love to get one so I can mirror ios/android and do my own thing. I generally drive with Waze anyhow so the rest of the interface is useless to me anyhow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts