Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I removed the GLA250 and 4Matic badges, just left the star.
Same here, but I had the dealership do it prior to delivery. Looks much cleaner.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Looking at doing the same leaving on the AMG and spraying it gloss black I'll post pics as Delbert is Thursday

·
Registered
470 Posts
Considering it as well but I think I'll just go black out the emblem.

The fender "TURBO AMG" badge is likely going to be taken off though, that one probably bugs me the most.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been debating the same. I'd also like to treat the "fire engine red" taillights with some soft darkening to unify it with the rest of the car, and Plastidip the emblem.

Attached a photoshop of what I'm considering.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
That looks nice especially with the darkened tails.

The blacked out tri-star looks kind of awkward and out of place though all by itself. Might be better if it stayed chrome.

It might look better if the chrome trim on the trunk is also blacked out along with the star?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just removed the dealership and the 4Matic badges, leaving the GLA 45 and AMG ones on.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Forgot to add that IMO, both the GLA 45 and the AMG badges on each side of the boot do balance each other so that's why I decide to leave them on.

Now thinking of tinting the signal indicators of the rear lights... :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Your AMG had a 4matic badge?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Your AMG had a 4matic badge?
Yup, it does!

Here's a crappy photo of the dealer's AMG with the stickers attached. I removed those circled in RED.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
wow

talk about excessive

surprised there isn't a big "affalterbach" flag on the car

lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
Reactions: halcyon100

·
Registered
21 Posts
It might look better if the chrome trim on the trunk is also blacked out along with the star?
I tried this - but it was visually a bit abrasive.

There's a line established as well by the continuity of the chrome with the back-up clear lenses. Can post pics later if you're interested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm going to take the GLA250 and 4matic badges off my car this weekend.

If I remember I'll take before and after photos for comparison.

·
Registered
80 Posts
so after changing my mind about 10 times I decided to keep the badges on for now.

I sealed my car this weekend and wanted to decide before sealing but I'll probably de-badge in a year or two.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think I'll debadge mine this weekend including the 3-pointed star for a completely clean look.

Speaking of the 3-pointed star, there are no tabs or holes in the liftgate, right? I don't want to remove it and then find out there are placement holes there and have to put it back.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

I added a small 'turbo' emblem...

Reactions: gurneyeagle
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.