Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently got my first benz, and I wanted to have it hardwired and setup! I'm installing it to the passenger foot well but I can't find an image or diagram to let me know which fuse port I am able to safely use. would anyone know which would be best for Batt and ACC/ignition please?

Thanks,
Kevin

Circuit component Electronic engineering Audio equipment Hardware programmer Electrical wiring

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolt on the right side of the orange 40 amp fuse is a battery connection. why would you run a ground wire there? remove it immediately, you're going to make a very expensive problem for yourself if you try and ground it there. there should be a fuse box in the boot of the car that contains the fuse diagram, otherwise, get one from the dealership or search on google.
thanks!

ya, I ended up moving the ground to another area after realizing this. I thought connecting it to any metal that was touching the chassis would be ok but maybe i couldn't see closely enough. I'm not sure if the car was too new but I couldn't easily find a diagram on a search or on the manual. after finding a proper ground, it didn't take much time finding the right port.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts