Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the gla world and my choice of color (south seas blue) and interior (black with no wood) meant my options were limited without building a new one. I sacrificed on the headlights and only got halogen. I upgraded to led drls and high beam and hid low beam now the computer is thrown of. Is there a way I can programme the computer to dismiss this or do I have to buy the computer fault dismiss that I have seen online

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have had my share of heartburns after attempting to do aftermarket HID convrsion on a e93 BMW's fog lights, couldn't get rid off CAN BUS errors. In addition, the OEM halogen headlights on a GLA still got the obsolete reflector lenses rather than the more updated projector lenses. I did a HID conversion on an older model with reflector lens headlights, and I was not only disappointed but was horrified to find out how offensive "squirrel barrels" are after conversion. I got flashed by on coming traffic; the resistors were overheating, these are to purposely increase current draw to "trick" CAN BUS so that it sees as incandescent bulbs, thus the benefits of low current of HID's are negated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts