Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! This is my first post. I've got a '21 GLA45 with factory Y-spoke rims with SportContact6 (garbage tires, thankfully wore away this fall LOL), and 255/40/20 tires.

None of the major tire companies list replacement wheels. Tire rack doesn't not provide a replacement options. Even the OZ website only offers replacements non-AMG GLA's.

Is there a resource for what rims are available for this car? Certainly it's more than to know about this than just 5x112 wheels with 35-50mm offset?

Please help! I'm doing my rim and tire shopping now, for the spring.

Josh

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
141 Posts
Hey everyone! This is my first post. I've got a '21 GLA45 with factory Y-spoke rims with SportContact6 (garbage tires, thankfully wore away this fall LOL), and 255/40/20 tires.

None of the major tire companies list replacement wheels. Tire rack doesn't not provide a replacement options. Even the OZ website only offers replacements non-AMG GLA's.

Is there a resource for what rims are available for this car? Certainly it's more than to know about this than just 5x112 wheels with 35-50mm offset?

Josh
Wheels are generally fairly standardized unless they’re made for a specific make/model. Specs for MB GLA
5x112 bolt
35-46mm offset (first gen GLA250, please confirm for second gen)
66.6 centre bore.
Since this is a performance car, I’d recommend HRE, FlowForm lineup if you’re on a slight budget. TSW are great options too if you’re on a more reasonable budget. For tires, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 are good, try to find some run-flat tires since these cars don’t have a spare.
What were your concerns with the SportContact6?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheels are generally fairly standardized unless they’re made for a specific make/model. Specs for MB GLA
5x112 bolt
35-46mm offset (first gen GLA250, please confirm for second gen)
66.6 centre bore.
Since this is a performance car, I’d recommend HRE, FlowForm lineup if you’re on a slight budget. TSW are great options too if you’re on a more reasonable budget. For tires, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 are good, try to find some run-flat tires since these cars don’t have a spare.
What were your concerns with the SportContact6?
Thanks for the reply. I checked on Tire Rack again, and they, in fact, offer zero wheel options for the GLA.

Rectangle Communication Device Font Software Parallel

Even the OZ Website doesn't offer the choice in their dropdown menu for any of the AMG models:

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Number

I did check out the HRE website, and they show plenty of options for the GLA, but their pricing is not really in line for a $70,000 vehicle. LOL
The HRE marketing team is like:
Steve, "Hey, how much do you think we can charge for these things?"
John, "I don't know, like 300 bucks?"
Steve, "Okay, I'll price around that on our website."
-one month later-
Steve, "Hey John, I just realized I put the decimal place in the wrong spot on my spreadsheet. These went out at $3000 each instead of $300."
John, "Oh crap, Steve!? We must not have sold any at all!?!"
Steve, "Actually, people are still buying them for some reason..."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and my concerns over the SportContact6 - they are an OEM only tire that is mediocre at best. Why get the tire ranked 23 out of 36:

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot

When you can get the tire rated rated 1 out of 36:

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Circle

To be honest, I'm also considering the Pilot Sport Cup 2. I do track this car. The Sport Contact 6 lasted only 13,000km (8000 miles) with just one track day. Pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
141 Posts
As for the wheels, maybe the companies don't have measurements for this model yet since it's a fairly new one still. I would say you should go to a local store that sells wheels and they can find some options for you.
HRE is too expensive IMO, but the FlowForm line is more reasonably priced around $1K each. Still very expensive, but since you track the car, any old wheel isn't advisable. It needs to be made to a high standard, have proper certification, good warranty and durable enough for track use. If you feel the FlowForm line is too expensive or unnecessary, TSW makes high quality wheels at much better prices ($500~) that are also suitable for track use.

I mentioned before that there are wheels for sale on this forum. But tbh, I'm not sure why you're going aftermarket anyways. Aren't your wheels already an upgrade from base?

For tires, yeah, go with the best if you can afford them, especially since you track drive. My 250 has the base wheels and tires, so when the time comes, I want to upgrade the wheels and put some summer performance tires on for improved fuel efficiency, looks, handling and maybe the ride too (wider wheels=better ride?) I don't track the car at all so id probably go with something that's not terribly expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for the wheels, maybe the companies don't have measurements for this model yet since it's a fairly new one still. I would say you should go to a local store that sells wheels and they can find some options for you.
HRE is too expensive IMO, but the FlowForm line is more reasonably priced around $1K each. Still very expensive, but since you track the car, any old wheel isn't advisable. It needs to be made to a high standard, have proper certification, good warranty and durable enough for track use. If you feel the FlowForm line is too expensive or unnecessary, TSW makes high quality wheels at much better prices ($500~) that are also suitable for track use.

I mentioned before that there are wheels for sale on this forum. But tbh, I'm not sure why you're going aftermarket anyways. Aren't your wheels already an upgrade from base?

For tires, yeah, go with the best if you can afford them, especially since you track drive. My 250 has the base wheels and tires, so when the time comes, I want to upgrade the wheels and put some summer performance tires on for improved fuel efficiency, looks, handling and maybe the ride too (wider wheels=better ride?) I don't track the car at all so id probably go with something that's not terribly expensive.
My rims are okay - probably unnecessarily heavy though, and not the prettiest. However, for the past couple years I've been swapping my winter and summer tires back and forth off the factory rims. I'd like to get dedicated summer wheels, making the swap much easier.

And why the **** aren't you tracking your car? It's as fun as it looks!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Josh
My 21 came with the 21in multi-spoke wheels and summer tires. I’m here in Arkansas and since we have somewhat of a winter season I opted to downsize to 20’s with Michelin AS4’s and bronze Rohanna Wheels.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 10 of 10 Posts