Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd be interested in both, assuming the front isn't too difficult to remove. Thank you brucecruise45 for posting this info too! It sounds like you've obviously had a good look under the car. If the subframe needs to come out to remove the sway bar maybe something like this would make more sense. The front end stays pretty flat under hard cornering but this might add some rigidity.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
you never upgrade the sway bar of any of your cars to said that, this white stuff you show us will not change anything.
I kinda like the way that mistranslated hehe

and yeah, a 25~50% stiffening in roll response is not equivalent to "this white stuff"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
you never upgrade the sway bar of any of your cars to said that, this white stuff you show us will not change anything.
I've upgraded the front sway bars on plenty of my old cars. Not sure if you're trying to attack me or your English is just that bad. Those bracing pictures were to show those folks (other than bruicecruise45) what the front end looks like underneath. The additional bracing is not an apples-to-apples alternative to a stiffer sway but it's a more practical alternative to removing the subframe. Do you disagree?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sure it's just the way it was translated.

I have no doubt that those braces would add rigidity to the chassis, but definitely not an alternative to a sway bar when it comes to cornering. Still fairly busy at home but I'll definitely post an update once installed.

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
An upper strut brace minimizes racking and can prevent broken windshields (our Lexus R400h ate windshields). But it won't do anything to prevent body lean. The sway bar connects the moving suspension parts rather than the frame.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts