Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed H&R's sway bar combo for the GLA45? The front bar is 30mm and the rear is 26mm. The manufacturer's part# is 33849-3. It's kinda difficult to tell if it's a gray market item or not but it should fit if I'm reading this correctly...

"Fits Mercedes A-Klasse B-Klasse CLA incl Shooting Brake GLA incl 45"

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do you do auto cross? are you racing this?
if the car has too much body roll for you then install these, if you happy in stock then enjoy.
The car is perfect daily driver, i do 70 miles per day and no complain, city/highways and its perfect.
Install them if you need it, who give a **** what other think on this matter. gray market item???? who cares.
just make it faster, i 'd say if you still in stock mode.
C
p.s.
dont waist money on sway bars, pls.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry Steiner, I don't have any input on sway bars. I think the GLA 45 is in such small numbers and with a fairly high price, there are not many who own them and even fewer who tune them.

I'm with you, it's nice to have a little support. Getting bashed turns people off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have H&R Sport springs for my GLA45. I would install sway bars if I could get a clear picture from H&R website about them being model specific for the GLA45. The springs alone make cornering better. I would love even better cornering with sway bars.

By the way there are a few of us with modified 45’s. Just do some searching on the forum and you’ll see our modifications.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have H&R Sport springs for my GLA45. I would install sway bars if I could get a clear picture from H&R website about them being model specific for the GLA45. The springs alone make cornering better. I would love even better cornering with sway bars.

By the way there are a few of us with modified 45’s. Just do some searching on the forum and you’ll see our modifications.
How is the ride with the H&R springs? fairly Comfortable?

I have the Eibach's springs and it's really rough and hard.

i'm thinking of putting back to stock... :|

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can’t really give you an apples to apples comparison because I went to smaller lighter rims and different sized tires at the same time. But with that, it’s a little more bumpy. I will tell you it’s handles much better on the twisties.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure on fit but I would think for better handling some stiffer springs and coilovers would be great. I'm not a track expert but the 45's handle pretty good for their size with the stock suspension.

·
Registered
73 Posts
FWIW the 2020 A45 has now gone to an aluminum plate under the engine and a strut tower brace for better rigidity.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anybody installed aftermarket sway bars on their GLA45 yet, H&R or otherwise? A few different vendors are now selling these online.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts

hey, I have those springs on the parts shelf along with the Kmac bushings waiting for mod time...

what do you measure from level ground to the fender edge with the h&r's? I like a raked car, planning on just putting the fronts on.

did you also have that knuckle cracking sound on the right front when backing over over an irregularity with the wheel turned?

Thanks Dodgeman

1 - 15 of 15 Posts