Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped out my stock grille for a GT style.
Anyone interested in buying the factory? Excellent condition , was able to remove without cutting or breaking any tabs. 2015 GLA 45- some attached pics

Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was it not possible to put the original chrome Mercedes badge back on the new grille?
Yeah it was possible- I just didn’t want the chrome. The downside is the distronic no longer works. I’ll keep looking for a all black star like the one from factory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It came with the mesh ?
Yeah I have 2015 so I had the pre facelift - the mesh isn’t too bad, at first I was bummed but actually provides some added protection and you can’t tell unless you are close up

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah I have 2015 so I had the pre facelift - the mesh isn’t too bad, at first I was bummed but actually provides some added protection and you can’t tell unless you are close up
Ok mine is completely open and i did not paint the crash bar, so it doesn't look the best.

Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting White Hood

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
113 Posts
I'm next! I bought the open one but when it arrived it was cracked, so I could only find the mesh one after that. It was well packed and looks better in person than I was expecting.

Any tips on the install job?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm next! I bought the open one but when it arrived it was cracked, so I could only find the mesh one after that. It was well packed and looks better in person than I was expecting.

This is what I bought for my 2015 https://german-car-accessories.com/...front-grille-w156?_pos=1&_sid=769c58fde&_ss=r
Tips..
Removing the bumper was pretty easy.
1. Remove row of T25 ( i think) bolts under hood, holding top of bumper
2. Remove about 8 of the bolts underneath , think like 8mm
3. remove the 3 push pins on each wheel well
4. pop out the wheel trim ( if you have it), there are snap in tabs up to about the bumper line, then it turns to double sided adhesive, stop at last tab.
5. I did this without removing either wheel, just jacked up one side
5.a. At the seam where the bumper meets the front quarter panel are 2 - 10mm screws, i reached up in the wheel well with a small rachet to break loose then used a flex nut driver with socket.
6. dont forget to disconnect sensors...I only had to disconnect ambient temp sensor, drivers side.

once bumper is off
remove the protection foam insert and 2 plastic covers from the left/right of the inside of grille.
there are several main tabs that are molded on the bumper, i believe i pushed them in towards the center of the grille and pulled to release. took me about 15 mins poking around until i figured out the logic. the new grille snapped right in perfectly, then i installed the 2 piece star last before.

Dont forget to put the foam insert back in ( like i did ). or you'll be taking the bumper off again. I can remove my bumper in about 15 mins now :) hope this helps some

·
Registered
9 Posts

This is what I bought for my 2015 https://german-car-accessories.com/...front-grille-w156?_pos=1&_sid=769c58fde&_ss=r
Tips..
Removing the bumper was pretty easy.
1. Remove row of T25 ( i think) bolts under hood, holding top of bumper
2. Remove about 8 of the bolts underneath , think like 8mm
3. remove the 3 push pins on each wheel well
4. pop out the wheel trim ( if you have it), there are snap in tabs up to about the bumper line, then it turns to double sided adhesive, stop at last tab.
5. I did this without removing either wheel, just jacked up one side
5.a. At the seam where the bumper meets the front quarter panel are 2 - 10mm screws, i reached up in the wheel well with a small rachet to break loose then used a flex nut driver with socket.
6. dont forget to disconnect sensors...I only had to disconnect ambient temp sensor, drivers side.

once bumper is off
remove the protection foam insert and 2 plastic covers from the left/right of the inside of grille.
there are several main tabs that are molded on the bumper, i believe i pushed them in towards the center of the grille and pulled to release. took me about 15 mins poking around until i figured out the logic. the new grille snapped right in perfectly, then i installed the 2 piece star last before.

Dont forget to put the foam insert back in ( like i did ). or you'll be taking the bumper off again. I can remove my bumper in about 15 mins now :) hope this helps some
One othert thing, if you have Distronic, that will no longer work with the new style star. You will get a message about it not working cause its dirty...i dont mind it for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One othert thing, if you have Distronic, that will no longer work with the new style star. You will get a message about it not working cause its dirty...i dont mind it for now.
I have the same question, but I haven't really got an answer about the Distronic transparency with the new non metallic star...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the same question, but I haven't really got an answer about the Distronic transparency with the new non metallic star...

What’s your question? Only certain star will work with distronic.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Subbed for the how to, mine is on the shelf with the rest of the post warranty parts.

while you had it apart,.... is the not a way to fab a bracket, and move the radar emmiter so it can see?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts