Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find official information about how much ground clearance the GLA 45 has, but haven't been able to come up with anything.

A few articles I've read said that it has 4.5", another one said 5.2". Anyone have an actual figure?

·
Registered
816 Posts
According to Motor Authority it is 4.5"

·
Registered
243 Posts
Torque news says that the Sport package has 6.1" of ground clearance, Comfort has 6.7 inches of ground clearance, and an off-road package with 8 inches of ground clearance.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just got my GLA45 (it has the standard AMG suspension and 19" wheels and AMG sport exhaust) back from having a clear bra installed thus I went into the garage and measured. In looking under the car I would say to closest protruding part of the car to the ground is the exhaust pipe at the point where the down pipe meets the center exhaust pipe (a metal mesh flex connection). At that point I measured 6.1". As the suspension settles in a bit (couple thousand miles) another .2" lower will occur.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been trying to find official information about how much ground clearance the GLA 45 has, but haven't been able to come up with anything.

A few articles I've read said that it has 4.5", another one said 5.2". Anyone have an actual figure?
i saw 4.9/124 mm and 132 mm also- or an inch more than an s3 golf r or 2 less than a gla 250 or 3/4 in more than an a45

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So should we be worried about going over small bumps / poorly made driveways? Just got mine today... don't want to mess it up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Measured my 5mth old GLA45 and the measurements are:

1. Front bumper (before the front wheels) - 6"
2. Front side skirts (just after the front wheels) - 7"
3. Rear side skirts (just before the rear wheels) - 8"
4. Rear bumper (after the rear wheels) - 9.5"

No driver/passenger loads, just an empty car. Petrol at 1/2 tank.

Reactions: Angloman

·
Registered
144 Posts
So should we be worried about going over small bumps / poorly made driveways? Just got mine today... don't want to mess it up.
I haven't hit anything driving. But pulling into a parking space face first i scraped the top of a curb with the bottom of the bumper, it is low. I will back in now 95% of the time or if forward get out and look to check. There are precision cooling fans low in the bumper that don't like having their environment compromised even slightly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
*knock on wood* but I haven't scraped yet, I find the ground clearance to be pretty good on the 45. I don't think I'll have any problems either as long as I am not going 60 going through humps and flying in & out of driveways.

I actually kind of want a lip kit of sort to make the car look lower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts