Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all from dreary Oregon. New to the forum but not to MB, having owned one many years ago. Looking to replace a 2007 Subaru Outback within the next year or two. The original candidates: Lexus NX300h, Honda HR-V and the MB GLA. The Lexus is out, too angular and no wow factor. The Honda is still in but might be too small. Will wait until we see one when they come out in late spring.
Frankly, the MB is in the lead and pulling away. We have plans to visit my wife's relatives in Germany next year so European delivery of the GLA looks very attractive. The car itself is not too shabby either.
A question, are run flat tires standard on this car? If you get the 19 wheels do you still get the run flat tires?

I can really see this baby in my garage:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hopefully you do end up going with the GLA.
Have you had a look at the Q3? Not sure if you're into audi, but it's something that might interest you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully you do end up going with the GLA.
Have you had a look at the Q3? Not sure if you're into audi, but it's something that might interest you.
the Audi does not move the meter for me, just my personal preference. Really leaning towards the GLA but in a years time, who knows. We will be making the purchase for European delivery late spring or summer of next year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
19" Run Flats

Sport package in the States comes with 19" run flats. I believe that they are standard. I don't believe that a spare is an option, at least I wasn't aware that it was when I purchased. The HK stereo pretty much takes up the area where the spare would go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There are a few other vehicles in this segment that are just coming out. Have you thought of the Mazda CX-3 or the Jeep Renegade?

What would you say are the main things that you are looking for in your next vehicle?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the warm welcome. I have considered all the options mentioned above and it is down to the HR-V and the GLA. My heart is 99% MB but the wallet says at least consider the Honda since it is half the price of the big boy and gets exceptional MPG. Have to say the European delivery is also very attractive. My wife has relatives in Germany and Czech Republic that we plan to visit next year. One of her cousins lives not far from Sindelfingen, the pick up point. 7% discount and no destination charge is a nice incentive.

the two best cars I have owned over the last 50 years are the Porsche Speedster and the Mercedes 200. I would love to have the Porsche Macan but it is probably not going to happen so I will happily settle for the GLA.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If it was up to me i would go straight for the GLA, HR-V is just your plain jane Honda, nothing to motivate me to get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts