Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Greetings from Texas

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rb136 
#1 ·
Receiving my 6th AMG, a GLA45, in about 3 weeks. This should be fun.

#2 ·
Welcome to the GLA forum! In your signature share the details of the GLA45 and of course post pics when you finally get your AMG.

#6 ·
Had an 06 SLK55 that I tracked for about 5 years, a 03 E55 that was totaled (saving my life in the process), replaced it with a 07 E 63. I've had 2 G55s, a 05 and a 08. Put 90k miles on the 05 and traded the 08 for the GLA45. Got the GLA and $9K back in exchange for the 08 G.

#9 ·
I've been into sport cars since the late 60's and have tracked some of them. The SLK was light enough to track (vids on Streetfire) but the E55 and E63 were too heavy. Very fast in a straight line but not track cars. The G55's were nice, especially the 08 but I didn't need it. My wife has an M Sport X1 and I really like the way it feels so she made the suggestion to trade the 08 for something fun to drive daily, thus the GLA. The 08 was the nicest "car" I've ever had but it was a hanger queen. It was 6 years old and only had 29K miles. My daily driver is/was the E 63. It's my donor drivetrain for my retirement "senior" project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.