Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I do have the Apple play and it's ok, is the SD Card worth getting?

I have the 2017 GLA 250.

Thanks for any insight!

·
645 Posts
I like the Garmin Mat Pilot. It is very much like a Garmin GPS that you would buy. On interstate roads, the screen splits as you approach an exit. One half is the map, and the other half is a picture of the exit with arrows showing which lane to be in, no guessing. The SD card can be bought online from eBay or Amazon for less than $100 compared to the dealer at $600. You can update the firmware and maps free using Mercedes Download Manager. It does not tie up the phone if used for other things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Garmin Mat Pilot. It is very much like a Garmin GPS that you would buy. On interstate roads, the screen splits as you approach an exit. One half is the map, and the other half is a picture of the exit with arrows showing which lane to be in, no guessing. The SD card can be bought online from eBay or Amazon for less than $100 compared to the dealer at $600. You can update the firmware and maps free using Mercedes Download Manager. It does not tie up the phone if used for other things.
Thanks! I will check it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I buy the Garmin sd card from Amazon or ebay and install the maps in my 2021 amg gla 35 ?? I hate having to use Android auto. All help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the card when I got my CPO '17 GLA250 in March. Haven't used it once for directions. I use Android Auto or just the phone screen without AA. All that said, it's nice to have as a backup since it's not that expensive.

·
645 Posts
Can I buy the Garmin sd card from Amazon or ebay and install the maps in my 2021 amg gla 35 ?? I hate having to use Android auto. All help is much appreciated.
If MB has not changed Garmin Map Pilot in the 2021 cars you are good with the SD card from Amazon.

Reactions: Rothbury

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
And therein lies the technology leapfrog rub. We won't truly know until someone with a MY2021 Garmin pre-wire does an aftermarket SD card installation.

If MB has not changed Garmin Map Pilot in the 2021 cars you are good with the SD card from Amazon.

·
645 Posts
You could check with the Mercedes parts department if the 2021 Map Pilot has the same SKU as the 2016 to 2020 models. They should answer that question free of charge. The online parts catalogs do not have the 2021 GLA in them at this time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I do have the Apple play and it's ok, is the SD Card worth getting?

I have the 2017 GLA 250.

Thanks for any insight!
I like the Garmin and use it more than CarPlay. I personally just asked my MB dealership for one (used 2018 GLA250) and they gave it to me free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts