Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the GLA 45 and AMG badges on the rear, black out the star and chrome strip between the lights. Making a sleeper SUV.
45 amg rear jpg..jpg

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
Removing badges and blacking chrome must be an age thing. It would be interesting to see the age demographics of those that do or appreciate such mods.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, I don't really like the black-out thing myself, to include not liking black/gunmetal wheels, but I can still appreciate that a younger demographic prefers same and that a quality job was done.

I'm far from a younger demographic these days, 'cept for some lingering young at heart. ;)

Removing badges and blacking chrome must be an age thing. It would be interesting to see the age demographics of those that do or appreciate such mods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I am probably not a good example of the age thing, I am way past retirement age, but not retired. I have modded almost every car I have had, and have also drag raced most of them, I don't like the clutter of extra chrome and badges, it's also a European thing, lots of de-badged cars there.
Also, my GLA 45 came with the blackout package all window trim and front and rear trim are black from the factory, I just took it a little farther.

Also, with the badges removed, most teens with Hondas with fart can exhaust don't try to get me to street race like they did before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I don't really like the black-out thing myself, to include not liking black/gunmetal wheels, but I can still appreciate that a younger demographic prefers same and that a quality job was done.

I'm far from a younger demographic these days, 'cept for some lingering young at heart. ;)
I think this is me>
download.jpg

·
Registered
353 Posts
I removed the badges and replaced them with black sticker-cut versions instead.

Now I am thinking if I should go remove all of them instead! Haha! Dilemma! :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the badges and replaced them with black sticker-cut versions instead.

Now I am thinking if I should go remove all of them instead! Haha! Dilemma! :p
Your ride looks great, I noticed all your performance upgrades, do you race it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your ride looks great, I noticed all your performance upgrades, do you race it?
Thanks! Finally removed all the sticker cut-outs at a friend's "insistence" :) So I am running it de-badged for now... Annnndddd I am getting more guys on the road wanting to see if I am a real 45. :confused:

I do take it out for spirited drives. But just changed back to my stock 20s currently because my AD08Rs on my 19s are shot...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts