Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I finally bit the bullet, and I bought this set

https://www.protuninglab.com/hl-hpl-glax156-ch.html

I'll receive it in a couple of days, and I will replace the ugly halogen assembly with this one.

The good thing is that there is no coding needed, just plug and play, but I will still have to partially remove the fender to replace the headlight assembly.

I'll also replace the H7 that comes on the new one with a LED one.

I'll post pictures of the progress when I'll work on it

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ok, I finally bit the bullet, and I bought this set

https://www.protuninglab.com/hl-hpl-glax156-ch.html

I'll receive it in a couple of days, and I will replace the ugly halogen assembly with this one.

The good thing is that there is no coding needed, just plug and play, but I will still have to partially remove the fender to replace the headlight assembly.

I'll also replace the H7 that comes on the new one with a LED one.

I'll post pictures of the progress when I'll work on it

Hi Daniel, the price quote is for a set or per side? I have been waiting as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Daniel, the price quote is for a set or per side? I have been waiting as well.

It is for a set (and I used a coupon code for an extra $10 off, making the total $502.99 for the pair, no tax and free shipping)

I don't remember which of the codes I used, but it was either CYBER20 or 10-OFF-SALE )

·
Registered
437 Posts
It is for a set (and I used a coupon code for an extra $10 off, making the total $502.99 for the pair, no tax and free shipping)

I don't remember which of the codes I used, but it was either CYBER20 or 10-OFF-SALE )

That is a very good deal. Ok, now I am seriously considering it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a very good deal. Ok, now I am seriously considering it.

Is tempting... I know... that is why I finally decided to order it...

I also found this video that shows how to partially remove the front bumper to change the headlights

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They just arrived today (really fast Fedex shipping). and they look really nice.

I probably won't attempt to install them until the weekend though. I'll post pictures when I do :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
They just arrived today (really fast Fedex shipping). and they look really nice.

I probably won't attempt to install them until the weekend though. I'll post pictures when I do :)
Omg can't wait to see the pictures

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A5010 med Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DONE, and I LOVE IT!!!

It is really not that difficult if you follow the instructions of the installation video (if not, it would have been impossible to know how to partially open the bumper cover).

Before installing them, I replaced the regular halogen H7 bulb that came with the new lamps, with an H7 LED (in fact, I reused the one I already had on the old assembly).

I am attaching some pics of before, during, and after the installation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics

Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very good. I've never had anything but terrible luck with aftermarket HI headlights, so it's good to know that they are getting better, finally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts