Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to be expected, if the GLA gets one and the ML and GL both have them its just not fair to leave the GLK out in the cold any longer ;)

Oh and its expected with a 4.0L TT V8... MADNESS ;)

The upcoming 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 will first be used in the new AMG GT sports car but will find its way into various models in the AMG lineup including the C63 AMG, E63 AMG and an AMG variant for the next-generation GLK. Initially, the new powerplant will serve as a replacement for the company’s naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V8 powerplant but will also eventually take the place of the 5.5-liter twin-turbo V8. At some point in the future, the engine will also likely make its way to the S63 AMG and ML63 AMG models

·
Registered
272 Posts
An AMG GLA would be a lot of fun. I think that a lot of people will go for it. I know I would think about it depending on the price. Given what its competitors are doing, I would say that the GLA AMG is basically a necessity.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't know about the GLA AMG being a necessity, they can get away with just having every model but that one performance model. An AMG model just makes the rest of the GLA line up cool and keeps MB consistent with what they offer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't know about the GLA AMG being a necessity, they can get away with just having every model but that one performance model. An AMG model just makes the rest of the GLA line up cool and keeps MB consistent with what they offer.
Not a must but part of their modeling structure, which in that case it's needed where possible.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you guys talking about? GLA 45 AMG has already been confirmed LONG ago, this post was about GLK GLK, WITH a K not an A....

·
Registered
243 Posts
At this point I think that basically every car and SUV will get the performance model treatment. Enough models are getting it that I don't think that car makers have a choice. They don't want to be the ones left behind because every other model had a performance variant except theirs in whatever segment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts