Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in a parking lot today. Unless it was a GLE450 and they removed the 0, I have no idea, I've never seen it. If I recall correctly it had a single piston front brake which surprised me given the 2-digit nomenclature on the tailgate.

Do you guys know what's going on? real car, or just a shaved zero?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds funky. Did it have the AMG badge too? If it did then you might have mistaken the 5 if you weren't that close to it... there is a GLE 43 AMG Coupe. I wouldn't really expect someone to rebadge their GLE 450 coupe as a GLE 45 AMG, but hey you never know lol.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, had the AMG badge, red calipers, though the front caliper was a single piston. I know it was a 45 because it was in a parking lot and I was on foot. I got my face RIGHT up on it. no mistaking, it was a 5.

They do make a 450 with an (no engine) AMG package, it's the only thing I can imagine? that they de-badged the 0 to make people think it was a real amg?

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
There does seem to be a fairly large group of people who modify to the AMG look including badging so you never fully know!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
yeah, had the AMG badge, red calipers, though the front caliper was a single piston. I know it was a 45 because it was in a parking lot and I was on foot. I got my face RIGHT up on it. no mistaking, it was a 5.

They do make a 450 with an (no engine) AMG package, it's the only thing I can imagine? that they de-badged the 0 to make people think it was a real amg?

Think you are right, I'd have to go build one again but I mess around "building" other MB's and remember a "AMG Package" that had a few look alike things like black out and caliper color and what not, but you were not buying a performance motor, suspension, braking etc.

I'd hate to put an AMG emblem on my MB and not be able to deliver some serious performance. I guess if you have no intention on getting on it, "you know it's show, so don't go".....you will be fine.:crying:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts