Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Wonder if you guys has experience on the fault code P26DB00 - Control Unit ' Sound generator for exhaust systems' has and electrical fault or open circuit. ?

there is no CEL on, but lately I notice whining/'weeeeeeee' noise when im at 2000rpm and above with some load on the accelerator paddle. the boost seems fine and driving experience is all good.

The only mods in my car is Weistec intake kit with TurboSmart Kompact EM BOV.

any pointers guys?

·
Super Moderator
1,011 Posts
I'm just guessing until someone more code-knowledgable on the GLA45 stops by, but perhaps that refers to the secondary exhaust valve which actuates near wide open throttle to both produce more sound and also a bit better performance? A number of members here have had to replace the module, but more typically because the spring fails (it is spring normally-closed in more usual driving).

But then I've had an Audi with a "soundaktor" which is an electronic audio device providing artificial exhaust sound augmentation by bouncing waves off the interior of the windshield. So perhaps something similar in the '45?

·
Super Moderator
2,192 Posts
There's been a lot of debate about what sort exhaust actually is but the general consensus these days is that it is nothing more than a sound box snuggled up against the fire wall.

As I understand it, the purpose of the actuator valve in the rear of the car is to allow more low end torque (closed) while not limiting high end flow (open).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts