Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a GLA45 last week, love the car.

My question is, what are the options for snow wheels/tires? I don't believe they are an option on my current wheels. No help from tirerack.

Can I pick up wheels/tires that would fit the normal GLA?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Tire Rack and Discount Tire don't have them available yet. I doubt if regular GLA wheels would because the brakes are huge on the 45. I could be wrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You won't have much trouble finding snow tires for the GLA45. Just search by specific 'size' not by vehicle.

Another option, is to buy Conti DWS tires, that way you can drive on the same set of tires all year-round without having to switch. The DWS does fantastic in the snow and summer heat as it has dedicated patches for all seasons, and one of the only all-season tires with a dedicated tread for snow.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Also to note, right now is the best time to order them, at least where i live it is. What usually happens is as people start to see snow fall... tire stock runs out quickly and it becomes hard for people to find tires.

·
Registered
144 Posts
20s like on my car you are out of luck in 235 40 20
19s and there are 2 non runflats all seasons i found and more snows- 235 45 19 --perelli scorp zero assimetrico and conti pro contact

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in Europe (Brussels) and fitted Pirelli Scorpion Winter's for a 17" alloy (we have high kerbs here so high wall tyres are a must)... so far they've been brilliant in the wet and the leaf mud you get when the rain and dead leaves mix on the road to create a slime that most cars skid through... snow will be the next big test...

·
Registered
144 Posts
17s i doubt will fit, the 18s only clear the top of the caliper by a little and the tire required would be like a 260 profile

got the amg reps on and it works except no tpms, so just a light in the gauges until it get it figured out , or not . Conti dws 235 50 18 was within .2% diameter and circumference of the stock 20 conti sc5.No allignment, it drives great so hopefully thats ok. Feels a little more damped over small bumps and not quite as sporty in the turns but should stick ok on ice

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very nice. Exactly what I will do with my GLA 45 when it arrives ��

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
If tire rack doesn't list the TPMS sensors yet, you CAN get the TPMS sensors from them. I had to call them and speak to a rep, and I got sensors for all 4 wheels when I placed my wheel order in October.
I think they just cross-reference the CLA

·
Registered
295 Posts
If tire rack doesn't list the TPMS sensors yet, you CAN get the TPMS sensors from them. I had to call them and speak to a rep, and I got sensors for all 4 wheels when I placed my wheel order in October.
I think they just cross-reference the CLA
just curious, how much did you end up paying for the sensors from Tire Rack?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 200 petrol, not a 45, but I have seen a 45 driving round Brussels with 17" alloys fitted... it was because of the wheels that I noticed it... over here some people buy two sets of alloys, the high wall (smaller alloy) suits the winter drive with high kerbs when you sometimes slide into parking spaces on the slush... the lower wall suits the warmer summer when parking is more precise...

·
Registered
84 Posts
17s i doubt will fit, the 18s only clear the top of the caliper by a little and the tire required would be like a 260 profile

got the amg reps on and it works except no tpms, so just a light in the gauges until it get it figured out , or not . Conti dws 235 50 18 was within .2% diameter and circumference of the stock 20 conti sc5.No allignment, it drives great so hopefully thats ok. Feels a little more damped over small bumps and not quite as sporty in the turns but should stick ok on ice

Anyone found out how to turn off the tyre pressure light warning in the dash if you dont mount TPMS ?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
TPMS from tire rack were $248 for all 4 (~$60 a piece)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi and congrats! I picked up my GLA45 up two weeks ago. Love it! I bought the Conti Winter Contact snow tires from the dealer. I drove 119 miles on them today and they were good. Some loss of performance but not bad. Good luck with your car!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Love the palm trees. Those wheels are 18" with 235/50x18 tires? I was thinking more along the lines of 225/55x18 although MB recommends 215/55x18. My standard wheels on 19" twin 5-spoke. The trouble I'm having is finding companies with 18" wheels that would fit the AMG. None seem to be available at this time. Where did you find the wheels?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts