Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo.. This one is an all wheel drive, right? That is supposed to make it better for snow. Seriously considering this over my current X1. That and the annoying key. I have to press it repeatedly sometimes, to make it work sometimes. There was the one time that I had locked my house keys in the car and it just wouldn't open, anyway I tried. Difficult to handle sometimes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep, it's a FWD-biased car with the ability to send up to 50% of the torque to the rear wheels. I had mine in the Boston area during last year's horrible winter and the AWD worked great. On a recent trip (about 150 miles) on back roads and highway I averaged 34 MPG. My only complaint is the road noise is a little loud and it's not great on really rough roads. The power is awesome. That 258 lb-ft of torque really comes in handy when I need to get up and go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I compared the BMW X1 to the MB GLA250 4Matic: GLA handled better, was more responsive and a bit more fun to drive. (Or maybe I was disappointed with the X1 because I drove it just after the Tesla S on the same roads.)

I like the GLA so far, after my first 1500 miles. But my 3 kids complain about the tight back seat. I also miss all the storage space my old Prius had. That's right, the Prius was much roomier, but the GLA handles much better and the 4Matic is much appreciated in bad weather.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep, it's a FWD-biased car with the ability to send up to 50% of the torque to the rear wheels. I had mine in the Boston area during last year's horrible winter and the AWD worked great. On a recent trip (about 150 miles) on back roads and highway I averaged 34 MPG. My only complaint is the road noise is a little loud and it's not great on really rough roads. The power is awesome. That 258 lb-ft of torque really comes in handy when I need to get up and go.
I concur, the power coming out of the 258 lb-ft torque is great. With my 4MATIC, I wasn't able to reach steady 34MPG, but close to 32MPG many times. The traction under the heavy rain on winding California highway is outstanding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts