Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An X1 parked next to me today and I am so glad I bought the GLA. Seeing them side by side confirmed my choice. The GLA is a much better looking car (SUV?) than the X1. I never got around to test driving an X1, so I don't know how it drives, but in the looks department it wins hands down.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of the X1 styling. Prefer the styling of the X3 when thinking of BMW's small SUVs/CUVs. The GLA just seems to have better lines, in my opinion.

GLA vs X1

·
Registered
94 Posts
A coworker complains about the laggy stop/start feature on his X1. I've read elsewhere that the Mercedes stop/start is smoother.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
We drove the X1 in several variations... We couldn't find ANYTHING about it that we liked better than the Benz.
Power differences... who cares? Buy an ECU tune.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I agree, the GLA lines are hotter and sexier-looking!
The BMW has the WEIRDEST headlights and styling cues. The top and the bottom of the whole design has absolutely ZERO cohesion. Reminds me of the UGLIEST car BMW ever built, the 128i...

·
Registered
243 Posts
The only thing that I notice in favor of the X1 when comparing it with the GLA is that it does have more cargo room. Not much more, just 4 cubic feet, but that is enough to fit another shopping bag or two. The overall design of the GLA is much more compelling though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts