Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

GLA Inside

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  alcatraz 
#1 ·
Seeing as the GLA is heavily based on the CLA I figured a good place to go for interior info is the CLA itself. The CLA interior takes from the sportier Mercedes lineup, not from the big saloons. With cut-tube gauges and five round vents, the CLA has more sporty SLK DNA than CLS which judging from spy shots to now is exactly what the GLA has. The interior will come finished in dark-grey trim, with walnut, ash, or aluminum trim that's optional on the CLA 250. MB-Tex synthetic upholstery is standard, leather will be available.

One clear afterthought is the dash-mounted LCD screen that looks like a plug-in GPS, the GLA is sure to have that glaring back at you from its dash mounted perch.

spied interior holds up many of my assumptions..

What do you guys think, does the GLA get any special love inside the cabin? Or does the lower end price shoot that idea down?

See less See more
#3 ·
While the nav screen is distracting and inconveniently placed, I really find the interior sexy. I'd want a similar, if not the same, set up as the concept art though. Those backseat vents or whatever they are look pretty futuristic and the "laser" lights are dope.

#4 ·
The problem is if you want cabin engineering like that you're looking at a $90,000 truck. I absolutely adore the interior nuances of the concept but realistically if Mercedes intends the GLA to be a volume model then we wont be seeing any special love anytime soon

#7 ·
Do you think that Mercedes-Benz will keep the two tone interior, or just switch to the full-on black. I'm sure there will be options, but will it be just a choice between solid colors, or will you be able to choose the two-tone look. There is also the handle detail beside where the climate control is, which is a nice detail. Looks like that got eliminated from the production model too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.