Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mercedes GLA has been spied once again, this time in France seeing how it gets along with the French Holiday season. Interestingly enough the GLA will probably be banned from sale in France like the CLA and A class have been because of a Freon issue between France, Germany and the EU.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So Mercedes is going to double down on this whole coolant battle? It is not changing to adapt to the new regulations with its newly released models either?

Does anyone have an idea of how long this battle could go on for? Poor Frenchmen :(

The spyshots show a good looking crossover though. I really like the size. Not too big and not too small. Just right.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a feeling that the French government is not going to back down. That puts the ball in Mercedes' court. I doubt that MB will let the battle go on forever. The loss in sales is already becoming an issue. Having said that, I think the battle could still go on for months. I would guess 3-6 months, but that is really a guess, not based on evidence.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a feeling that the French government is not going to back down. That puts the ball in Mercedes' court. I doubt that MB will let the battle go on forever. The loss in sales is already becoming an issue. Having said that, I think the battle could still go on for months. I would guess 3-6 months, but that is really a guess, not based on evidence.
It's going to happen, money talks, Mercedes has it, it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Mercedes breaks first, the battle will be bitter but do you think Mercedes needs all this money tied up in litigation and delayed sales, not to mention the glut of inventory this is producing. Also consider the public relations nightmare this could turn into for Mercedes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts