Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post the body kit options you find for the GLA.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brabus for GLA w/ AMG Sport Pack:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
694 Posts
Brabus is on of my favorite brands in the industry, what they did to GLA turned it into art on wheels. All that could really be done is a color scheme that possibly better complements the exterior aero and overall look.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like Brabus added another one and this time for the AMG line? Looks like the GLA45 with power kit but instead of chrome accents it it all black.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Brabus did a good job here because it looks nice but it doesn't look like it is overdone. I kinda wanna see this in red instead of silver or black.

I could do without the big B in the grille though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hmm... the Brabus front bumper air inserts at each corner and the rear wing look yummy!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I guess its just me because everyone else seems to like it but I hate, hate, hate, hate the Brabus stuff here. There isn't one part that I like. Absolutely horrid, would make a goat puke. I could watch my ex-wife get run over by a truck then watch it back up just to make sure but I would pull her out of that thing, just too cruel to happen to anyone. Did I mention I hated it? lol And honestly, what is up with that B? If it was any bigger you would have to put it in a trailer and tow it behind the car. I thought Mercedes was getting ridiculous with the size of their stars but sheesh...

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I guess its just me because everyone else seems to like it but I hate, hate, hate, hate the Brabus stuff here. There isn't one part that I like. Absolutely horrid, would make a goat puke. I could watch my ex-wife get run over by a truck then watch it back up just to make sure but I would pull her out of that thing, just too cruel to happen to anyone. Did I mention I hated it? lol And honestly, what is up with that B? If it was any bigger you would have to put it in a trailer and tow it behind the car. I thought Mercedes was getting ridiculous with the size of their stars but sheesh...
I'm with you here crabman. Butt ugly would be too nice a description. The "B" is ridiculous as well as the rear wing. Wing looks like something an under 30 year old US male would throw on the back of a Toyota.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I dislike 3/4 of what they have in general but this IMO is part of that 1/4 that I think looks great, but even then I know it can still be cleaner.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I quite like the spoiler that Brabus has done. It looks cool without looking like too much. I feel that often body kits can go overboard. Most of the time I'd rather choose just one or two parts to use instead of the entire kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Usually I look at these things and think "Meh, not for me" but this one manages to blow right past there into the land of yikes. If it makes anyone feel better I've been thinking of taking the stock 19" wheels and have them powder coated some sort of contrasty color to the violet metallic. I'll be sure and post a pic up so you can all beat me about the head and shoulders. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the more aggressive rear diffuser from the sport back.

It'll probably won't look too great with the stock exhaust though.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm a big fan of titanium exhaust tips and think they will look great with this black diffuser, someone needs to make that happen!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Usually I look at these things and think "Meh, not for me" but this one manages to blow right past there into the land of yikes. If it makes anyone feel better I've been thinking of taking the stock 19" wheels and have them powder coated some sort of contrasty color to the violet metallic. I'll be sure and post a pic up so you can all beat me about the head and shoulders. :)
I'm not sure about this idea of powder coating your rims. I'm afraid it might end up looking cheap. I'd love to see the pictures to prove me wrong though.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just like anything else, you just have to get it done by someone who knows what they are doing and does quality works and it'll be perfectly fine.

The thing that needs to be considered the most is the heat/temperature of powdercoating is kept in check or else it could change the integrity and strength of the wheels.

Many wheel manufacturers powdercoats their wheels these days too, especially when the customers want a custom color.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It wont look cheap because I'll have it done properly with the same finishes and in the same way as HRE or any other reputable outfit does their powder coating on wheels. If I understand it correctly this takes a base coat that is not porous as many decorative finishes are at a molecular level to protect against corrosion and then 3 more coats, 2 of color and a clear coat. Depending on the look you're trying to achieve there may be three or even more color coats before the clear. Whether it all ends up looking good is another matter... o_O

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brabus is on of my favorite brands in the industry, what they did to GLA turned it into art on wheels. All that could really be done is a color scheme that possibly better complements the exterior aero and overall look.

I purchased a GLA 250 2018 night edition, do you think that this kit will fit?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts