Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow GLA owners...
Decided to modify this fun hot-hatch and really maximize its potential from a performance perspective.
Changes made:
Upgrade turbo - Garrett GTX3071R Gen II
Alpha HPFP (Performance High Pressure Fuel Pump)
Alpha Intercooler
ArmyTrix Ceramic Coated Downpipe and mid-pipe
Custom AMS ECU Calibration

Thought I would share how this was done and results (soon to follow)
Intercooler
High Pressure Fuel Pump
Turbo and Exhaust

More to come!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been assured by the team at AMS Performance, that is the case. I myself am surprised there is so much overhead built into the M133.
I don't have to upgrade injectors?
I don't have to touch engine internals?
No fuel rail or lift pump upgrades ?
No transmission upgrades needed?
AWD no issues?
you mean I don't even have to change the plugs? And all of this on Pump fuel (94 Octane - no ethanol). with no Meth injection?
And with longevity? and without sacrifice to normal driving response?
'that is right' And we have beat on our CLA45 for over two years with multiple track 1/4 mile runs on slicks, without issue.'
Crazy right? I do know the m133 fully forged is built well... but
Time will tell!

·
Super Moderator
1,695 Posts
The engine development and test building at the AMG factory was extremely impressive. If you ever have a chance make an appointment for a private tour. It is well worth your time. You will be a believer!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
wow. I assumed you were talking about Ethanol for sure. I'll be impressed if you get there and with longevity.

Is your 94 the Asian 94 or the US 94?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
wow. I assumed you were talking about Ethanol for sure. I'll be impressed if you get there and with longevity.

Is your 94 the Asian 94 or the US 94?
Not using E85. The calibration is done for 94 octane that uses AKI index or what is known as (R+M)/2. Here in Canada and where I live, we have access to 94 Octane AKI gasoline. It does NOT contain ethanol like how most stations achieve higher octanes. I believe this is equivalent to 98 that you are referring to. You can check to confirm.

Not a question of getting there. Im not the first. with Meth one can get another 100. 700hp

·
Registered
99 Posts
Holy ballz. I feel like I want this right now! Ha ha ha!

Thanks for sharing, and keep us updated!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi fellow GLA owners...
Decided to modify this fun hot-hatch and really maximize its potential from a performance perspective.
Changes made:
Upgrade turbo - Garrett GTX3071R Gen II
Alpha HPFP (Performance High Pressure Fuel Pump)
Alpha Intercooler
ArmyTrix Ceramic Coated Downpipe and mid-pipe
Custom AMS ECU Calibration

Thought I would share how this was done and results (soon to follow)
Intercooler
High Pressure Fuel Pump
Turbo and Exhaust

More to come!
I’d love to do a few upgrades to my 250 I know it’s a bit more sensitive than the amg variant but I don’t appreciate the fact I only have around 211hp I’d love some advice from you guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts