Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Indeed a good read, just about all that's needed to get up to speed on the GLA 45, possibly enough to send someone into an MB dealer to finally get behind the wheel!

·
Registered
272 Posts
355 hp? Sounds like fun to me/

It is supposed to cost just under $50k, and I think that people will be adding options on top of that, so it really isn't that cheap though its still the cheapest AMG that MB has on offer.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yah $200 less than the CLA45.

And you definitely have to order it to get one bone stock to get it under $50k (usd) because I haven't seen one in the dealership without any options. I think cheapest i've seen has at least $4k-$5k of options.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sort of surprised it's priced slightly less than the CLA but that might be due to what competition is priced like, all in effort to make MB look better on paper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yah $200 less than the CLA45.

And you definitely have to order it to get one bone stock to get it under $50k (usd) because I haven't seen one in the dealership without any options. I think cheapest i've seen has at least $4k-$5k of options.
Yes. That's what I've seen in most dealers loaded up no bare ones. I really want one but I 50 is my upper limit - so I guess I will have to order. Do you happen to know how long it takes for a delivery once the car is already in the VPC (vehicle processing center)?:)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sorry I can't help you there but from reading around, it could take months to maybe even close to a year?

I am sure someone else here could chime in with their experience.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yes. That's what I've seen in most dealers loaded up no bare ones. I really want one but I 50 is my upper limit - so I guess I will have to order. Do you happen to know how long it takes for a delivery once the car is already in the VPC (vehicle processing center)?:)
It all depends on the dealership allocation, since only so many AMG models are produced (6% of all US MB deliveries are AMG models)… so in my case I ordered a GLA45 exactly the way I wanted it…ordered with dealership in Nov. 2014, accepted by MB early 2015 with a March production date and was delivered to me on April 10 2015. So I would say expect about a 4 month order to delivery time frame. Since I live in Jupiter Florida, the GLA45 went thru the rather new Brunswick GA VPC… I tracked the vehicle carrier (boat) and once it hit the docks at the VPC center it was 4 days when the car was delivered at the dealership. VPC turn around can vary due to QC and any of the VPC add ons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts