Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in Canada and ordered the 2022 GLA 45. Can’t wait to get it - but curious - is the 45s available elsewhere basically a 45 with a stage 1 tune? I’m not overly technically savvy so be easy on me. Been searching a lot and can’t really find an answer.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
Do you have an estimated delivery date?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I’m in Canada and ordered the 2022 GLA 45. Can’t wait to get it - but curious - is the 45s available elsewhere basically a 45 with a stage 1 tune? I’m not overly technically savvy so be easy on me. Been searching a lot and can’t really find an answer.
My understanding reading the online reviews of the 45S and seeing nothing listed for the US is that we will not get this for now. I have a '15 and these newer versions are more "bubbly" SUVs. If you look at youtube content of 45S in Europe doing quarter mile racing, they are basically our 2015-2020 "SUV's", i.e. they are less tall, not quite as wide, and weigh a couple hundred pounds lighter that what they are sending here as new 2021+ 45's. The limited power add we get is taken by the "bubble" weight add, unlike the 45S. I prefer the lower euro "hothatch" look. Both likely manage about 5" or so of clearance, which I need for snow in Colorado. Why I prefer the '15-20 models and just put a good tune on them like Renntech, plus high flow air filter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats! There are actually three flavors of the M139 engine out there but North America currently only gets the 382hp variant. The article below highlights the differences between that version of the engine in your new '22 GLA 45 and the more powerful 416hp version in Europe. No word if/when we'll see the more powerful 45s variant in N. America.

The third version of the M139 is going to be in the new '22 C63. It'll output 442hp but will be mated to a hybrid motor capable of generating another 200hp. There's an article below that has more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! There are actually three flavors of the M139 engine out there but North America currently only gets the 382hp variant. The article below highlights the differences between that version of the engine in your new '22 GLA 45 and the more powerful 416hp version in Europe. No word if/when we'll see the more powerful 45s variant in N. America.

The third version of the M139 is going to be in the new '22 C63. It'll output 442hp but will be mated to a hybrid motor capable of generating another 200hp. There's an article below that has more info.

I’m just curious though, is it easy or possible to “upgrade” it with a simple tune (stage 1) to essentially make it a 45 s?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
start researching...
The reason I asked my question is because I have been trying to find some answers and I can’t. Other than the horsepower difference I can’t find the information to tell me what they specifically did differently to the 45S. simple as that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts