Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fit spacers to stock wheels yet?
Thank you

·
Registered
295 Posts
@chicknfeet i have yet to see anyone do that but do you already have an idea of what size spacer you would need for the front and back?

Another thing to consider doing if you have the time is to stop by a wheel and tire shop and see what they might suggest would be needed.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Just search for CLA spacers, and only use high quality from H&R or Eibach. Be sure to make proper measurements for the length of extended lugs you will use as well. If the lugs are too long, they can damage the parking brake, which has happened on a lot of Benz's in the past.

Order your lugs from H&R as well. You will have to call them. You do NOT want to risk using cheap eBay lugs that can fail.

I may be adding spacers to mine soon for widened stability

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@chicknfeet i have yet to see anyone do that but do you already have an idea of what size spacer you would need for the front and back?

Another thing to consider doing if you have the time is to stop by a wheel and tire shop and see what they might suggest would be needed.
Ive spoken to H&R and they gave me options from 5mm-25mm

by looking at it I will probably end up 10mm front and 15mm rear

I will let you know if the next few days or week

Reactions: A.T.L.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Interesting.

Looking forward to what you do and what it ends up looking like. Ultimately i guess you're looking to keep it as flush as possible with where the fender line starts curving up the body.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting.

Looking forward to what you do and what it ends up looking like. Ultimately i guess you're looking to keep it as flush as possible with where the fender line starts curving up the body.
yes sir flush is the key word and it looks like 10mm might be OK on all 4 corners. I wont have the spacers on until maybe 18th - 20th as the cars goes for wrapping on the 15th and it will take few days to complete. The real question do I spring for some HRE FlowForm wheels... I need to sleep on it sense I only have the car for 24 months it may not be worth the $

Reactions: A.T.L.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Sounds right.

BTW, +35 offset on an 8" or 8.5" wheel lines up perfectly flush in case anyone reading this is looking to fit new wheels.

My wheels could only be bought in +45, so I will be adding +15 spacers because I want some slight 'poke' and a wider stance for the bit of off-roading we do in our GLA. I have more clearance than most, so I'm not concerned about rubbing LOL

·
Registered
295 Posts
yes sir flush is the key word and it looks like 10mm might be OK on all 4 corners. I wont have the spacers on until maybe 18th - 20th as the cars goes for wrapping on the 15th and it will take few days to complete. The real question do I spring for some HRE FlowForm wheels... I need to sleep on it sense I only have the car for 24 months it may not be worth the $
Not sure if where you live gets winter weather but either way, if you're really particular about how your vehicle looks, you can always get the spacers, use them for the time being till you get your HRE's.

Pricing on your spacers shouldn't depreciate too much by then, I have noticed they do hold their value decently over time.

Now if you do get winter weather... well, that's all win for you, nothing better than having a winter setup that looks great too ;)

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

What length and size lug bolts did they give you for that setup? I think that's what I'm going to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What length and size lug bolts did they give you for that setup? I think that's what I'm going to do. Thanks!
I went with 10mm for front and rear... i will install end of the week
BTW sorry for the delay in the reply just had a baby and been on daddy duty :)

Reactions: Boris_Balkan

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Thanks for posting the thread length!

I am putting 15mm spacers on the rear of mine this week, I'll post pics ASAP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts