Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I don't think the grill changes with the night package, via MB:

Take your GLA45 AMG to the dark side with the jet-black accents of the Night Styling Package. The air-dam splitter, side mirrors, side-window trim, roof rails, side-sill inserts and rear diffuser are all finished in deep Gloss Black, complemented by black chrome tailpipes.

But the wing/fin part is matte silver on my GLA45 (which I believe is the same for all GLA45s).

·
Registered
880 Posts
the front grill of the GLA 45 for "NIGHT PACKAGE" is it chrome or grey painted ?
IF you get night package, its a satin chrome paint not all glossy but really elevates the car. If you dont get it you get the more matte silver which matches the lower trims. The matte silver looks ok in the sunlight dark grey in the shade.

The only reason for me to get the nigh package would be the grill the rest of the trim i prefer original sliver trim. If only i can get both.... 1st world problems right?

·
Registered
470 Posts
My mistake then, MB should add it to the description, it's kind of a cool color change thought it would be nice if they just painted it black too.

You can probably order just the grill from the night package, I tried removing it though (wanted to paint it matte black) and it is difficult. It has tabs all over but the difficult to reach ones are in both end, so unless you have skinny and long arms, you won't be able to un-tab those and you might have to remove the whole front end to install it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the front grill of the GLA 45 for "NIGHT PACKAGE" is it chrome or grey painted ?
IF you get night package, its a satin chrome paint not all glossy but really elevates the car. If you dont get it you get the more matte silver which matches the lower trims. The matte silver looks ok in the sunlight dark grey in the shade.

The only reason for me to get the nigh package would be the grill the rest of the trim i prefer original sliver trim. If only i can get both.... 1st world problems right?
So we can say it is not chrome then. The difference is the reflection is more than the standard one due to the paint.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My mistake then, MB should add it to the description, it's kind of a cool color change thought it would be nice if they just painted it black too.

You can probably order just the grill from the night package, I tried removing it though (wanted to paint it matte black) and it is difficult. It has tabs all over but the difficult to reach ones are in both end, so unless you have skinny and long arms, you won't be able to un-tab those and you might have to remove the whole front end to install it.
Yea for the CLA the bumper have to be removed, but for $750 from the factory i dont know if i want to bother with it, plus you get gloss black for the window trim, roof rack, and all the lower pieces

And NO its not chrome, its glossy and reflective but not mirror finish. Just look at other AMGs at the dealer its gonna be one or the other depending on year make and model

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea for the CLA the bumper have to be removed, but for $750 from the factory i dont know if i want to bother with it, plus you get gloss black for the window trim, roof rack, and all the lower pieces

And NO its not chrome, its glossy and reflective but not mirror finish. Just look at other AMGs at the dealer its gonna be one or the other depending on year make and model

anyone knows the part number for this grill (night package) ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Definitely not chrome. I like the matte look. It's good to have the contrast with the chrome emblem.

Kinda counter-intuitive that the chrome package has matte finishing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here's a close-up shot of mine (night package)

It is a matte finishing. You can see the difference by looking at the chrome Merc star in the background of the photo. :nerd:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts