Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was casually browsing M-B's site when I noticed that the GLA's configurator has been updated for the 2022 Model Year. Conspicuous in its absence is the GLA 45:

Product Font Automotive parking light Car Material property

Interestingly, it's also gone from MB's UK site:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

You can get a 35 and a 45 S (which we never got here in the US), but not a 45.

Did they kill the variant? Is it temporarily not available due to supply chain shenanigans?

Also worth noting: you can now get your '22 GLA in Rose Gold. Ooooooh!

·
Registered
267 Posts
‘Funny’ this came up because I was going to post something similar yesterday.. I have this screenshot in my phone..

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Anyway, it’s the same for the CLA45. A lot of the guys on the CLA forums are having some tough times taking delivery, from huge delays to options being taken off the build. Maybe there’s too long of a back order to have any new orders for MY22 and they’re trying to catch up and come back for MY23?

I did hear that MBUSA is pulling the A220 after MY22, and the entire line up is shrinking anyway.. a lot of AMG products are missing from the portfolio for USA, not just the 45’s. For the first gen GLA45, MBUSA estimated about 3% of GLA sales would be the 45 AMG variant, so their overall volume probably doesn’t change much pulling the AMG’s from the portfolio.

I think this is a couple things all coming together for the ‘perfect storm’.. this is supposed to be a transition time to where in the next 5-7 years you’re going to be buying the EQA instead of the GLA, the EQC instead of a GLC300, etc etc.. just saw my first EQS in the flesh at the dealer last week.

I think the transition period is just going to be extra rough for the performance enthusiasts with all the supply chain and pandemic issues because those are going to be the first to get cut. So IMO instead of trying to scramble to make a few thousand AMG’s for the world, they’re just gonna scrap it and allocate resources for the EV market, which the German ‘big 3’ are all saying their entire portfolio will be only EV by 2030…

Tl;dr We get to watch the swing to an EV market kill the ICE before our very own eyes

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Interesting as if you stroll down the GLA page with write up about the GLA, the GLA35 and GLA45 are featured on the main page. If you go to build GLA, the 45 is no longer a choice. My 2019 lease ends next month, and in the market for a replacement. In searching within 200 miles of my location, there are no 2022 GLA available in any models. A few dealers show one or two GLA250 due in all are white only. Wonder if the production in all MB cars is so far behind they are running a reduced line to supply a few cars they can build. The sales staff are telling me to buy my 2019 at the end of the lease as they do not have any stock. My local dealer only has three new vehicles. The dealer has a car and two splinters available for sale. I can resale it at 44% more than my buy at the end of the lease price. This is a great time to sell a car but a bad time to be buying a new car. All new car dealers MB and others are now adding more money to the MSRP in the thousands.

• Wow
Reactions: Huey52

·
Registered
623 Posts
They figured out the deal was too good, you got too much for your money. NO car on the market does what the GLA can for the cost. Maybe they are saving all the parts for the new 63s hybrids that will use the same motor, and not enough stock to build two car models with it. Now where did I leave my tin foil hat....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was casually browsing M-B's site when I noticed that the GLA's configurator has been updated for the 2022 Model Year. Conspicuous in its absence is the GLA 45:

View attachment 27400

Interestingly, it's also gone from MB's UK site:
View attachment 27401
You can get a 35 and a 45 S (which we never got here in the US), but not a 45.

Did they kill the variant? Is it temporarily not available due to supply chain shenanigans?

Also worth noting: you can now get your '22 GLA in Rose Gold. Ooooooh!
The Dealer that I went to buy my used GLA from said they only had 3 new vehicles in inventory total. Pre-Pandemic they kept upwards of 120 vehicles. Their lot now is primarily trade-ins. They literally had more Tesla's than Benzes. Supply constraints have killed availability in general. One of the three new vehicles they had was an EQS and another was a GT63. Nothing to pick from.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
The Dealer that I went to buy my used GLA from said they only had 3 new vehicles in inventory total. Pre-Pandemic they kept upwards of 120 vehicles. Their lot now is primarily trade-ins. They literally had more Tesla's than Benzes. Supply constraints have killed availability in general. One of the three new vehicles they had was an EQS and another was a GT63. Nothing to pick from.
Dealers around me and within 200 miles only have around 1 GLA, and they are all 250 and white, only a few extra options. They are tacking on dollars above the MSRP sticker. Local dealer's sales are telling me to buy my 2019 that's coming off lease next month and wait until they get some cars in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
The supply chain is very low. I have been in the market for several months for a 2022 GLA. The dealers within a few hundred miles do not have any of they do; it is just one. At the dealer yesterday and they had a 250 coming in. They showed me the build sheet, and there was a $700 credit as a component for the front seats that was missing that was standard equi[pment. One had a $300 credit for a missing component missing on the rear hatch two months around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I posted Feb 18th that mine was coming in about 6 weeks. Well , apparently it was produced and is “still at the factory out gate”. So dying in anticipation as my car sits there, probably still waiting for one or two last parts. (Chips?) I feel I may get one of the last ones ever.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I posted Feb 18th that mine was coming in about 6 weeks. Well , apparently it was produced and is “still at the factory out gate”. So dying in anticipation as my car sits there, probably still waiting for one or two last parts. (Chips?) I feel I may get one of the last ones ever.
My dealer wanted me to special order one back in January. Even then, things did not look good to me on getting delivery. However, my lease ended in March, and I did not want to go without a replacement. So I bought it at the lease end and can resell it for $7k more than the buyout.

Reactions: Ashevolved

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2023 (confirmed to be 2023 model) GLA45 AMG on order. Vehicle was built 2nd week of June 2022, has VIN assigned, and is sitting in Bremerhaven, Germany waiting to be loaded onto a ship. All options except Aerodynamic Package. "Augmented Reality" video display in navigation is unavailable due to computer chip shortage. Port of entry in the USA is Brunswick, Georgia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here I am again almost the end of July and my ‘22 car was produced in February. Mine will be the first or one of the first delivered in British Columbia this year. It still has to travel across the country and be delivered so it’s gonna be at least two more weeks. It was shipped finally at the very end of June so ultimately it sat in the lot waiting for a part for almost 4 months. We really don’t get a very good allocation here in Canada and then it’s made worse by all of these delays. Anxiously awaiting…

·
Registered
7 Posts
The RO/RO (roll-on/roll-off) ship MV TREASURE departed Bremerhaven GE on 1 July, stopped in Southampton UK and was due in Halifax NS on 15 July. Maybe your vehicle was aboard that ship. If you have the purchase order number (not the VIN) you can probably track it with the logistics company/shipper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts