Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everyone. I had the transmission serviced today in my 45 and just wanted to put out some info out there since it’s a big service and worries a lot of owners. This was the second time the transmission has been serviced in 47.7k miles. I’m in the strong believer in preventative maintenance crew. Next one will probably get done at 65-70k. I think if you run the car hard, you should do the transmission service more like 20-25k vs 30k.

I had the independent shop I use do the service, and they ended up using Motul DCTF. I requested the anti-foam additive so they got one from the dealer, but said that the dealer told them they don’t even use the additive anymore. Now I know the Motul isn’t ‘MB-approved’, and was honestly a little reluctant at first using it over OEM, but was assured by the service manager that it meets & exceeds MB spec.. they track prep cars and it’s not uncommon to have them be working on a Ferrari or Lambo, so they know what they’re doing. Motul is the stuff that is OEM in Nissan GTR’s, and there’s at least one other guy in Korea (@acomtv on IG) who uses it too.

After the service the transmission is smooth, operation is no different than it was before service, and I think this stuff will stay cooler vs OEM so could prove to be a viable option for the track guys & DIY crew. I’ll report back after I push the car some more and/or take it out to autocross.

I paid $802 + tax for the service in NY.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice. (y) Don't forget the rear axle fluid. I did the tranny and rear axle at 19.7k miles. I have near 29k miles now, so next year around May plan on rear axle fluid change, year after I likely would do tranny. So tranny that would likely be around 37k tops for second change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts