Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my GLA 250 4Matic on October 7, 2014 from Mercedes-Benz of the Palm Beaches. The car started to leak oil which I saw in a puddle in my garage.

I brought it in for warranty repair on January 2, 2015. The diagnosis was oil leaking from the PTO which drive the rear wheels. The PTO gets its oil from the main transmission reservoir.

Today's date is February 18, 2015. The car is still in the shop waiting for a PTO from Germany. Estimated part receipt date is March 13, 2015.

Can anyone advise on Lemon Law?

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
What?! That is a crazy amount of wait time. WTF.

Did they give you a replacement car while you wait?

I'm pretty sure the lemon law only applies if you have multiple problems, not if you have one problem that takes a while to fix. But you should check the link above of course.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What?! That is a crazy amount of wait time. WTF.

Did they give you a replacement car while you wait?

I'm pretty sure the lemon law only applies if you have multiple problems, not if you have one problem that takes a while to fix. But you should check the link above of course.
I assume they gave you a nice Benz loaner right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an Enterprise Rental Car Agency at the dealership. They provided a c-250 as a loaner. The estimated date for the PTO from Germany is March 13, 2015.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I'm confused... When you say 'PTO,' are you referring to the drive shaft or the 'Transfer Case?' Quite curious what the exact problem is as I have not heard of this issue yet (even after searching) on the CLA250, A250, or the GLA250.

Thanks and best wishes with the repair!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Reactions: Boris_Balkan

·
Registered
243 Posts
C-250 isn't a bad car to have while you wait. I understand the anger over the long wait, but personally I would wait it out. At this point it isn't that much long to wait it out. March 13th is about a month away. As long as you have a replacement car you should be fine.

·
Registered
817 Posts
:)On March 16, 2015, Mercedes-BenzUSA bought back my GLA for the original purchase price.
Interesting… why the by back? Part availability (as in it is not available) or legal such as 'lemon laws'?

Certainly worked out for you, but the process and time involved not so much

Reactions: gurneyeagle

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, im having same problem. It s the second time in 5 months that i get empty oil signal. The first time they just fill it with new oil and said they didnt find any obvious leak.
now the same again...im driving a courtesy car waiting for their response about the problem. How did u get the deal for the back back?

·
Registered
694 Posts
hi, im having same problem. It s the second time in 5 months that i get empty oil signal. The first time they just fill it with new oil and said they didnt find any obvious leak.
now the same again...im driving a courtesy car waiting for their response about the problem. How did u get the deal for the back back?
Are they charging you for the oil or is it free? I hope you're not paying!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts