Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know these two cars aren't in the same class, but I'm coming from a QX70 and while I've test driven the GLA 250 4MATIC, I'd like some thoughts from someone who's owned both.

Thanks and cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
I happened to live in Orlando and we got an Infinity and a MB dealership side by side here by Millenia Mall, and I test drove both vehicles within hour of each other. Both vehicles were FWD, i.e. QX30 and GLA250 SUV. QX30 interior is very luxurious and loaded with finest wood veneers and details, but it was very very cramped. Head room was limited, especially in the rear. The ride was more supple but it was mushy when your corner it hard. It was slow, almost like Lexus (refrigerator on wheels). GLA250SUV's interior on other hand was spartan, not luxurious to the level of QX30. The metal dashboard trim was industrial looking and coarse. The ride was firmer, I would not say harsher; the suspension was more compliant in absorbing bumps. It felt more rubbery and "velvety". The GLA handled the corners with much more finesses, the turning radius seemed to be tighter and steering was more precise, perhaps due to tighter suspension. The GLA's acceleration was definitely faster than QX30. These of course are my personal observations, and I am by no means a professional auto reviewer. After test driving both models, I am opting for GLA250SUV.

By the way both vehicles do not come equipped with neither LED nor HID headlights as standard equipment. In GLA250 SUV it is available as Option 614, which is impossible to get, unless you place a order for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice comparison. Just an FYI, the QX70 is not the same car as the QX30. The QX70 is RWD with the 3.7L V6, and a lot larger than the QX30 (and GLA250).

·
Registered
608 Posts
Interesting to note that, according to Wikipedia, Nissan and Renault formed a strategic partnership in 1997. Renault/Mercedes/Nissan seems like an unusual alliance. Want to talk about forgettable cars-back in the day I had a 1957 Renault Dauphine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I owned a FX50S and it was horrible. Sluggish transmission, horrible wind noise (much worse than the GLA45), air ventilation system squeals, unreliable, more expensive to repair than an Audi, cheap and easy to scratch clear coat, and the mirrors come loose and flop around often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts