Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! to everyone!

First off all i want to say sorry for my English cause I am from Greece and it's not my native language.

As I already say I live in Greece specifically in Thessaloniki and I have bought a GLA 250 4matic about a year ago.

It's the one with the off road suspension (+30mm) -I think that this one is standar in US- and I have a question about the steering wheel.

It gives me the impression that when I turn it to to the left is "lighter" than when I turn it to the right.
It's not so big difference between them bus I believe there is.

Ηas anyone noticed the same "problem"?

Thank U 4 your answers in advance! :):)

·
Registered
816 Posts
First welcome to the forum and your English is excellent! I have not experienced the condition you describe…does it happen when not moving as well as when you are moving slowly?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! I m happy I found your forum.
Thank U a lot for your good words!

I have tried many GLA with the "normal" suspension or the AMG and there wasn't any problem (if this is a problem). I see that U have a GLA45 so you have no reason to notice this behaviour.

I have not been able to find one with the off-road to test it cause as I read on web this option has and another adjusting on steering wheel except the more 30mm ground clearance.

Finally to answer on your question, I notice this during the car movement and when stationary but less.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a 2016 US GLA 250 4Matic and the steering feels the same turning left or right.

Check that your tires' air pressure is correct for all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's all the same.
I have spoke with the dealer here, he checked it twice, he did the upgrade that MB has sent and finally he couldn't find anything wrong.
The answer was: "Yes, there is a very small difference but it's normal and if you find to test another car you will see that it's the same."

If you understand any difference while you drive the car (because it's more easy to understand it than when stationary) I would appriciate to inform me. Thank U so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me inform you that the difference is too small and not easy to grasp, especially when it is stationary.

Sorry if I become annoying and stubborn just I think that until someone answer me officially I can not delight driving my car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Try swapping the front wheels from the right side to the left side and vice versa.
If the steering difference then swaps sides, it's probably a wheel and/or tire problem.

Reactions: konstoro

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not to threadjack - but did anyone notice that when switching from E to S mode, the wheel is easier to turn? Counterintuitive as usually sport oriented driving you want less slop and more resistance. Perhaps there is something to this that relates to the left/right as well as it would seem there is some adaptation code in the steering subsystem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today I visit the dealer and told him all the above.
He asked me to go tomorrow for another check/update.
I ll inform you when I have news!

Τhank you all for your interest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update:
We made all the updates that there were for the car and the "problem" is still here.
Actually to turn left the steering when the car is stationary you want 1,75kg power and to the right 1,95kg.

We have send mail to mercedes factory and we are waiting answer if this is normal or the service has to fix it.

keep on and kisses from Greece.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Final update:
Today i recieve my car from the dealer with changed shafts and an alignment and the problem final solved!
Thank all of you for your interest.

Keep ON!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello! I'm from Central America and new to the forum, I just got a GLA and remembered a friend who installs ECU tunes to european cars and he told me the tunes were developed in Greece. So you might find them close by! Look for etuners greece, they tuned an A250 to 232whp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts