Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when im stopped in traffic (w/ auto start/stop activated) the car rolls back slightly when i resume driving, i.e. When i remove foot from the break and press the gas. Note this happens on a flat surface, generally not on hills. Any ideas?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sometimes when im stopped in traffic (w/ auto start/stop activated) the car rolls back slightly when i resume driving, i.e. When i remove foot from the break and press the gas. Note this happens on a flat surface, generally not on hills. Any ideas?
Some of us have discussed this topic recently (I think):

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...17169-slipping-transmission-clutch-issue.html

I'm not sure why it would roll back on a flat surface vs on an incline, but if you are on an incline, it's normal. If you'd like to avoid rolling back when stopped on an incline, press your brake in further until you see "HOLD" appear on your dash. This will allow you to release the brake without rolling back as you start to step on the gas pedal. Again, not sure why and/or how this happens on a flat surface, but you may want to ask the dealer. Otherwise, the HOLD feature may help.

Hope that was helpful :)

Reactions: Graham2812

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all! Yep thats the first thread i checked when it started. I have an appointment with the dealer in the next few weeks to get my second key fob programmed, so ill ask about this.

Thanks for the prompt response! I love that im apart of this wonderful GLA community!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts