Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone had problem with the spoiler/cover flying off been had this 2015 with 36000 miles for 3 months and was driving in high winds and it flew off

·
Super Moderator
350 Posts
Welcome to the forum Finao1.

The 250 doesn't have a spoiler wing per se as does the 45 (not all, but many) so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Do you mean the lip section at the upper rear trailing edge? Or was it an owner modification? A photo would help.

edit: I now see in an appendix to another thread you cite that is was Not a Mercedes OEM part. Caveat Emptor in this case as it was a prior owner modification. 3M heavy duty double sided automotive tape is typically used on such mod'd trim parts, and even some factory, so you may want to try same as it sounds like it was done with a lesser product.

Having said that, if it's a 45 spoiler-wing affixed to a 250 I would think a mechanical connection would be necessary given its high relative wind spoiler function.

·
Super Moderator
350 Posts
So they glued something over the OEM lip area? A good body shop should be able to remove the residue and repaint just that area if necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they glued something over the OEM lip area? A good body shop should be able to remove the residue and repaint just that area if necessary.
There was a black Cover on there it blew off like that 2020 GLB they recall really I dont no wat the had on there because there is no residue or nothing but a dealer here told me they glued it I am glad I was not on the high way it would have flown in somebody wind ssdhield when they recalled the one on the 2020 which is exactly like mine except more space they said it was not weld properly or attached they should have recalled all of them because I saw where they had spoilers detaching from different wagons since 2016 but they want to charge me 1600 because my car was bought from a import dealer if it's not bought directly from Mercedes they dont stand behind it I am taking them to court because the cars was made in the same factory so when they did the recall they should have retroactive it I am a Sr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a black Cover on there it blew off like that 2020 GLB they recall really I dont no wat the had on there because there is no residue or nothing but a dealer here told me they glued it I am glad I was not on the high way it would have flown in somebody wind ssdhield when they recalled the one on the 2020 which is exactly like mine except more space they said it was not weld properly or attached they should have recalled all of them because I saw where they had spoilers detaching from different wagons since 2016 but they want to charge me 1600 because my car was bought from a import dealer if it's not bought directly from Mercedes they dont stand behind it I am taking them to court because the cars was made in the same factory so when they did the recall they should have retroactive it I am a Senior who would think to check and see if a spoiler part was loose wen you buy a 23,000 car come on if I buy a pair of Nikes from footlocker and the sole come off nike gonna stand behind it for their name.
[/QUOTE

·
Super Moderator
350 Posts
I’m confused (and lack of sentence structure punctuation doesn’t help). Is it a Mercedes option in the USA or not?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 2015 GLA 250 4matic signature series they were made in Germany and the plant had problems not securing Spoiler parts which if you pull up the GLB spoiler problem you will see what I am talking about

·
Super Moderator
350 Posts
So it appears you’re well aware of the situation after all. I don’t think we can further advise you. Perhaps a GLB forum may have a path ahead.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can you post a side pick or something? So it looks like you have a 250 with what may be 45 AMG rear spoiler (not to be confused with added wing that is optional)? I know our 45 spoilers won't fly off as while they may have some 3M taping, they are also bolted to the body with either 2 or 4 bolts, I can't recall. Stock German bolts will not corrode, certainly not within 5yrs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Can you post a side pick or something? So it looks like you have a 250 with what may be 45 AMG rear spoiler (not to be confused with added wing that is optional)? I know our 45 spoilers won't fly off as while they may have some 3M taping, they are also bolted to the body with either 2 or 4 bolts, I can't recall. Stock German bolts will not corrode, certainly not within 5yrs.
They redesigned the spoilers now they would actually have to drill holes to put bolts and they want to charge me 1600 after paying 23,000 for the car bull crap I am sueing them they knew it would come off that's why they redesigned them wit bolts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts