Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a whine confirmed coming from gearbox, only at 60-63 km, MB will add a vibration damper to the unit any one else have this issue before

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had a whine confirmed coming from gearbox, only at 60-63 km, MB will add a vibration damper to the unit any one else have this issue before
I have just taken delivery of new GLA250 and have quite loud whine when travelling at around 40mph (69kph). Dealer says it is a "gear ratio" issue. Has anyone else had thsi problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
Shouldn't be this way, although without hearing it I might be over reacting. How many miles? Is it due for a service? Is it under warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shouldn't be this way, although without hearing it I might be over reacting. How many miles? Is it due for a service? Is it under warranty?
It is brand new, only 224 miles on the clock. Dealer is insisting it is “normal”.

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
MB warranty is through all dealers. We're fortunate in the San Francisco Bay Area to have many dealers. That's not the case for many owners. But if possible you may want to have another dealer take it out for a test drive while you ride along.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MB warranty is through all dealers. We're fortunate in the San Francisco Bay Area to have many dealers. That's not the case for many owners. But if possible you may want to have another dealer take it out for a test drive while you ride along.
Thank you, I did just that and the other MB Dealer agrees that it is not normal and has flagged it up to MB UK for investigation..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts