Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Newbie to the forum here.

I bought a 2014 GLA220 cdi AMG Line a couple of months ago, it's my third MB and I've never had an issue - until now....

Yesterday returning from work, I started the car and put it into D and the engine died (it's done this a couple of times). Usually I'll restart the car and no more issues, this time however, the gearbox was sluggish and the car has very low engine power, also the E/M/S button wouldn't respond nor could I shift up or down with the paddles.

A hundred metres after I pulled away, the engine died just as I was about to pull into the main stream of traffic. I restarted and it had severely reduced power.

After a couple of miles, I had to pull over and restart the car, the engine power returned, but still no manual gear selection, also, the car stayed in gear longer than it normally would, even though I drive like a granddad.

This morning all seemed good, I could paddle shift and the E/M/S button worked until about 5 miles into my commute, all of a sudden the gearbox started to stay in gear longer than it should and I could not paddle shift and the A/M/S button stopped responding.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
1,513 Posts
Most if not all modern cars are very sensitive to voltage. Sensors and computers depend on their power supplies. The car is new to you and old to the seller. If the battery is original (or a replacement that may have discharged while waiting to be sold) it may be causing problems. That's the first place I'd check.

Let us know what you find.

And welcome to the Forum. There are many knowledgeable owners here and good posts about these cars. Post some pics and tell us more about your car when you have a chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts