Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
So how did you go about this? Did you just find a way to buy the body kit from someone selling it or something? It does look great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally this gla 200 amg package car is with the night package.

After getting the car i ordered gla 45 grill, bumper lip and aero spoilers for frontside. (Night package)

Also rear diffusor and exhaust tips for backside (night package)

But exhaust tips came wrong. Normally they are black coloured for night package. But i did not refused them because it seems better with the wheels :)

All parts are ordered and mounted from the mercedes dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you applied the exhaust tips? I want to do this also but it seems like you need to modify your exhaust.. or am i wrong?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you need to change the exhaust tips you need also change the back diffusor (under the rear bumper) because it wont fit the standard amg package diffusor.

Btw you dont need to change the exhausts, these are small parts which are mounted at the end of exhausts.

These all parts are original. So there is nOt any welding or drilling etc.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Do you think this will be a long-term thing for you or would you one day consider to go aftermarket?

Going aftermarket is one thing I always look into but sometimes they don't look as clean as they should.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you need to change the exhaust tips you need also change the back diffusor (under the rear bumper) because it wont fit the standard amg package diffusor.

Btw you dont need to change the exhausts, these are small parts which are mounted at the end of exhausts.

These all parts are original. So there is nOt any welding or drilling etc.
So no modification at all in the exhaust system (shorten or lengthen)? Just plug & play diffusor and tips?

·
Registered
816 Posts
How did you applied the exhaust tips? I want to do this also but it seems like you need to modify your exhaust.. or am i wrong?
They actually are not exhaust tips (implying that they are part of the exhaust system), but rather are exhaust finishers and are attached to the rear diffuser.

The exhaust end "floats" inside the finisher and you can see how finisher is attached to the diffuser>>>>

The view from the outside looking in clearly showing there is no physical attachment from the exhaust to the finisher>>>

·
Registered
11 Posts
They actually are not exhaust tips (implying that they are part of the exhaust system), but rather are exhaust finishers and are attached to the rear diffuser.

The exhaust end "floats" inside the finisher and you can see how finisher is attached to the diffuser>>>>

The view from the outside looking in clearly showing there is no physical attachment from the exhaust to the finisher>>>

So your exhaust was not modified at all? You just added the diffuser and along with the tips? I am asking that beacause for the W176 that i had before in order to add the diffuser + tips you needed to modify the existing exhaust and i did not want. Now that i own the GLA i would be happy to just add the diffuser + tips. Is this the case?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So no modification at all in the exhaust system (shorten or lengthen)? Just plug & play diffusor and tips?
yes exactly, no need to change the exhaust system. ONLY you need to buy the DIFFUSER and exhaust tips. but do this with the dealer maybe there are more parts like screws etc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yes exactly, no need to change the exhaust system. ONLY you need to buy the DIFFUSER and exhaust tips. but do this with the dealer maybe there are more parts like screws etc.
This looks awesome. I was wondering if you also had to change the mesh just above the valance panel. Pretty sure the part number with the night package is A1568852825 and I have found it used and I was wondering if it fits to the standard GLA 250 (with sports package) bumper.

·
Registered
74 Posts
looks good. nice work - just keep your current badging...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts