Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Remapped a GLA 200 (Petrol) and must say was super impressed with the performance output. With Traction on & hard acceleration I am getting wheel spin through out 1st & 2nd gear.
However, the downside is, now the car has been behaving very erratic.
It shows 'Inoperative traction control', switch off-switch on and it vanishes.
Sometimes, it refuses to start saying 'Without Changing Gear Consult Workshop'.
This issue has been discussed with the Tuning Company (in UK) who has sent 3 revised versions of the Tuned file but has not helped.
It would have been easy to point out a finger at them for not making a correct tune but we have done and have been doing business with them for other cars and have had no issues.
Want to know if anyone has experienced this before?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Which remap are you using?

I just installed the TMC Tuning Box on my GLA 250 with no issues. However, I also have the TMC Auto Flash which remaps the transmission. From what I understand, just increasing the power without addressing the stock torque limits of the transmission can cause wheel spin in 1st/2nd, but the other errors you are getting are very odd indeed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Would you ever consider going for a dyno run? I think that's something folks should do before and after tunes.
At least then you see the exact improvements.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reliability question

Which remap are you using?

I just installed the TMC Tuning Box on my GLA 250 with no issues. However, I also have the TMC Auto Flash which remaps the transmission. From what I understand, just increasing the power without addressing the stock torque limits of the transmission can cause wheel spin in 1st/2nd, but the other errors you are getting are very odd indeed.
Now that you have been running it for a year or so, have you found any problems? I'm fighting the need for speed and the fear for warranty issues.
If I see people run reflashed ECUs for 3-4 years without parts going bust I'll do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No issues with the TMC Auto Flash after 14K Miles.

I returned the TMC Tuning Box because it threw a code. Put the the RaceChip Ultimate on instead, no issues with that either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm interested in tuning my car too, but it's a small engine, it's a gla 180 petrol 1.6 122bhp, I wanted to increase it's power since it feels underpowered, any recommendations?

·
Registered
6 Posts
No issues with the TMC Auto Flash after 14K Miles.

I returned the TMC Tuning Box because it threw a code. Put the the RaceChip Ultimate on instead, no issues with that either.
I'm interested in tuning my car too, but it's a small engine, it's a gla 180 petrol 1.6 122bhp, I wanted to increase it's power since it feels underpowered, any recommendations?

Maybe Funkur can give you a feedback on the RaceChip. Which model of RaceChip do you have? How is the engine behaving now?
Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts