Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
144 Posts
I have been looking to replace my cluster with newer and nice looking AMG Instrument cluster. Just wondering if anyone done it here? View attachment 28002
I don't know of anyone that has done it but I'm guessing it should be a simple plug and play, but I could be wrong. you can find out by searching up a non-AMG gauge cluster and seeing if they have the same connectors. MB parts dept. can also confirm.

If you do decide to do the swap, please keep in mind that the trim bezel around the gauge cluster is also attached to the steering column. removing this part is very difficult as the clips are super tight and the plastic is very flimsy, meaning that the clips can come off or break very easily. the part that connects to the steering wheel is also very stiff and brittle, so it will break if removed improperly or with too much force.

realigning it when putting it back is also a hassle, you need to be careful to align everything properly and avoid breaking the gauge cluster dimmer and the HVAC sensor on either side of the trim, and even if the top part clips in properly the bottom needs a lot of wiggling. The trim began popping off on the bottom of my car and I couldn't get it to go back properly, I had service do it when the car was in for oil change.

if you can get around that part and are comfortable with doing a job like that, it seems this is a simple job. I've attached an instruction manual for MidCity Engineering's remote start system, which requires removal of this trim piece and optionally the cluster, so this should help your install. you can use this opportunity to install a remote start if you want one

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know of anyone that has done it but I'm guessing it should be a simple plug and play, but I could be wrong. you can find out by searching up a non-AMG gauge cluster and seeing if they have the same connectors. MB parts dept. can also confirm.

If you do decide to do the swap, please keep in mind that the trim bezel around the gauge cluster is also attached to the steering column. removing this part is very difficult as the clips are super tight and the plastic is very flimsy, meaning that the clips can come off or break very easily. the part that connects to the steering wheel is also very stiff and brittle, so it will break if removed improperly or with too much force.

realigning it when putting it back is also a hassle, you need to be careful to align everything properly and avoid breaking the gauge cluster dimmer and the HVAC sensor on either side of the trim, and even if the top part clips in properly the bottom needs a lot of wiggling. The trim began popping off on the bottom of my car and I couldn't get it to go back properly, I had service do it when the car was in for oil change.

if you can get around that part and are comfortable with doing a job like that, it seems this is a simple job. I've attached an instruction manual for MidCity Engineering's remote start system, which requires removal of this trim piece and optionally the cluster, so this should help your install. you can use this opportunity to install a remote start if you want one

Thanks for the heads up mate. Been thinking really clearly if this will work. Still looking at the wreckers if I can find a wrecked GLA 45.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
144 Posts
Be careful, the instrument cluster is not plug and play. A new cluster will need to be coded to your car by MB, which will not be cheap.
@neophytenoel if this is the case, contact rjautomotive.net to see if his remote coding service can program for you. he will be able to tell you whether it's p-n-p or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts