Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new Ghost Lights from Wind & Fire Auto! Here are some pics of the install and what it looks like. (Mercedes Benz C Coupe,E Saden,GL,ML Door Projector (D007-B)-pair). Plug and Play, easy change. I left the cover off in the 6th picture so I could rotate the lens after installing.

D87A1F57-52CF-4393-885D-8251DA4A258A.jpg 35893C2C-A7BF-47C5-9F79-BB21C62A5663.jpg 6C86BA9C-6846-45ED-BCD3-D5D72DF409DF.jpg 5C454108-0C3C-4402-AD4B-816A0A8C1D27.jpg 221D4B52-9410-4A75-9AB1-407423B22029.jpg 81A14509-040E-456C-BD0E-66D55A1A701D.jpg 38C117F0-87A9-478D-B2B1-37CC41BD8154.jpg

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice work!

But man, how can they have one of these and I am just looking for a clear lens replacement and can't find it. :crying:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol idk...
Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just installed my new Ghost Lights from Wind & Fire Auto! Here are some pics of the install and what it looks like. (Mercedes Benz C Coupe,E Saden,GL,ML Door Projector (D007-B)-pair). Plug and Play, easy change. I left the cover off in the 6th picture so I could rotate the lens after installing.
My car came with that. When I bought it, I didn't know and just thought the courtesy light at the bottom of the door was peculiar. That night we went out and "discovered" the projector. I rarely utter the word cool, but I just had to.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car came with that. When I bought it, I didn't know and just thought the courtesy light at the bottom of the door was peculiar. That night we went out and "discovered" the projector. I rarely utter the word cool, but I just had to.
Yeah it is pretty awesome!:D And it's an easy install if you want to put them in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very interesting and cool. What is the procedure for installation. If it's easy, I am ordering today!

·
Registered
18 Posts
how did you install it??? did he cut a part from the door??? and on the wind and fire auto site they don't have a projector for the GLA???
help!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how did you install it??? did he cut a part from the door??? and on the wind and fire auto site they don't have a projector for the GLA???
help!!!!
Hey Drewshak,

It's very easy. All you do is pop out the old light and plug in the new light. It snaps into the door. And you want to buy D007-B. That is the light that fits in the GLA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
help!!!!
you have to get a dremel (readily available at your neighbourhood hardware store).

1) ignore the light and casing that's at the bottom of the door
2) unpackaged the dremel choose the desired bit and plug it in.
3)turn on set to high and begin cutting a hole roughly 3" by 1 1/2".
4)pop in the lights and enjoy (they wirelessly charge so keep a 12v car battery as close as you can to the light(one battery per door)

hope this helps!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
you have to get a dremel (readily available at your neighbourhood hardware store).

1) ignore the light and casing that's at the bottom of the door
2) unpackaged the dremel choose the desired bit and plug it in.
3)turn on set to high and begin cutting a hole roughly 3" by 1 1/2".
4)pop in the lights and enjoy (they wirelessly charge so keep a 12v car battery as close as you can to the light(one battery per door)

hope this helps!!!!
What are you talking about? The lights that are linked above literally pop in with no tools needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts