Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well the struggle continues, just as I thought things were going great... went to go throw the car into reverse, and then put it in drive, and smelled the gas AGAIN... Also , when I put it in sport mode, from a stop sign, and punched it, I got the smell of gasoline vapor too...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, Finally the Dealership is caving into doing a trade assist, They do have a nice CLA45amg there , but ... with as much activities as I do outside in having bikes and things of that nature, I'm turning to GLC300. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
475 Posts
i had it as a loaner ones and it wasn't my cut of tea.
i like it hard :) and it wasn't . but that comparing the 45, so i have no say, totally different car with much more softer ride and body roll.
I got good MPGs out of it. always a good thing.
C

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well as with most trade assists they only give you 2500.00 and I owe more than what the car is worth, So the trade assist was anything but assisting me at all. The fuel smell came back again just the other day, and I have no answer. I also woke up and found that there was oil all over the engine bay. I just don't get what's wrong and why they just can't fix the darn thing. So now I'm in a 2018 CLA250 loaner.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think you are really close to free car. new replacement.
hopefully!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Called the Ag's office and there's nothing the Ag's office can do because it's not costing me anything YET. I had the representative tell me that if the car wasn't properly maintained that I could end up paying for a new turbocharger which is what I think is completely gone on my vehicle. I got into the CLA and the torque pushes you back , get in my car and it takes forever to get the car going. So I reminded the rep on the phone that if there was spikes in fuel pressure due to leaky fuel line, that the seals on the turbo could fail due to back pressure and High EGT's. I'm not saying I know cars like the back of my hand but when you've experienced similar situations and know what a blown turbo looks/feels like..... EVERYTHING DEPENDS UPON FUEL....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Update: Prime Motor Manchester NH Mercedes Benz, doesn't know anything, I called customer service and spoke with Anthony and Anthony let me know that there was a field tech who got involved on monday of this week. Do you think I was alerted to this.... No! So I reached out to the Elite referral manager Joe from MBUSA who then told me to contact the service manager for more details because he doesn't have that information in the system. So I called Prime Mercedes Benz Manchester NH and this gal named Michelle who was looking into my car said that her computer only shows the car's last visit in April!?!?!

ATTENTION EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD FROM THE NORTHEAST: DO NOT GO TO PRIME MERCEDES BENZ OF MANCHESTER,NH They are terrible

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This is the DV? Is it leaking? If so it should only be oil not fuel. From my understanding its a piston type DV, very similar to VW/Audi version d that replaced the infamous diaphragm DV.
I have no idea what is leaking, all I know is I found oil on my engine cover and spewed all over the engine bay. That is indeed the DV. I can understand what "normal " Blow by is and since the GLA 250 4matic doesn't have oil catch cans to catch the blow by, there will be some. Nothing to this extreme though. I just filed with the NHTSA, to begin their investigation into the fuel smell that is coming through my drivers side vent. The E-class had this similar problem Mercedes-Benz Fuel Leak - Source of Leaks in E-Class Cars Just seems like quality control and the use of certain materials around the fuel tanks aren't of good quality.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Update to my vehicle: Prime Mercedes Benz Of Manchester NH
Client states started vehicle put in reverse started backing up got gas vapors. Open the hood this AM states everything is covered with a grease.
Cause:
CS removed and replaced flap inside left rear wheel well found to be deformed and not sealing/closing properly= refused and tested okay.

did anyone else know about this body vent that we have in our cars? apparently it's there, I haven't checked it out myself but good Lord!
Then today I went to Governors Island in Gilford NH and there's a 70-80% grade incline and I decided what the heck why not just come to a crawl 5 mph in sport mode and then step on the gas. So, I did that and instantly gas vapors were pouring through the vent and my passenger even smelled it, as I crested the hill only going roughly 30mph, I had to pull over and park the car . It was enough to cause me to lose focus my passenger asked me if I was okay, I responded but had to roll the window down to regain focus. I can't describe how furious I am with this POS car right now. MB just throwing parts at it and saying " It's completed"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm merely a pawn in MB pool, I'd love more than anything to hop into a 16 GLA45 certified used. But at this point in time, I'm not even sure I trust MB as a whole to be able to work on their cars and truly FIX them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The crazy thing is I can't make any of this up, It's actually happening, Imagine paying 33k used with 19k miles back last year in July, and to constantly have headaches. Nah... I'm done playing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Here's what I will say , I've contacted the NHTSA and filed with them, I've also been in touch with CarFax, as it came with a clean carfax and wondering about their buyback guarantee. The car is junk and it needs to be torn down and inspected by Germany to see what the heck went wrong. In the mean time I'll be inhaling said vapors and hopes I don't come down with some kind of cancer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
This is what I got from CARFAX- Don't rely on this piece of litigation from the car dealerships. When I ran mine just recently my report didn't have the gas smell on it at all.

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting CARFAX. My name is Samantha and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry to learn that you purchased a vehicle with damage that later came as a surprise to you.

CARFAX does not receive information on all accidents or damage events. We advise that the service is based solely on information supplied to us and that not all accidents/issues are reported to our organization. We make these important points on every report we publish. We suggest using our service as one important tool along with a physical inspection in the car buying process.

Please note that we do not come out and inspect. We also do not sell vehicles. We only provide information that is reported to CARFAX and not all Sources report to us so we do not guarantee to report all data.

We have no control over companies' business practices and we are not qualified to provide legal advice. However, if you think you have been wronged, the easiest method to resolve it is to start with the dealer. Maybe they made a mistake, and they'll correct it. If not, you may want to file a complaint online at your state Attorney General's web site.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you as it is my goal to provide you with excellent Customer Service.

Thanks,
Samantha
Consumer Affairs

We'd love your feedback!
Thank you for using CARFAX. You may be selected to participate in a brief customer satisfaction survey to let us know how we can improve your experience. In the next few days, please look for an email containing your survey.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Update 12-10-17
Paperwork has been filed, and the smell is sporadic in nature. I'm just tired of this car. Last month I was on a 9% grade where I backed into a spot, had to correct pull forward, and then go into reverse and smelled it then. I just can't see how this is even acceptable by industry standards. I was told a Vent which was mangled near my gas tank and this was supposed to handle the smell?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update : The dealership had tech assist and then had to order a tool to help detect the odor. Upon their investigation it turns out the ORings they replaced last time had cuts in them. So now there are new orings again on the injectors also they replaced the breather o rings and connector. So far things have tested out and things have been rided around. I told dealership to keep car and test under various weather and time of day . Very frustrating to say the least.
Same problem was High Pressure fuel pump on top of engine when cold would leak and on start up it gets hot and evaporates replaced pump no more issue covered under 8 yr 80 k emissions warranty. Dealership will try and charge you////

41 - 60 of 66 Posts