Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I spoke too soon, after driving it for some time now, and supposedly they adjusted my hood so that it "Seals" Properly which is a crock of crap and now whenever I turn the wheel and go around a corner and apply throttle , I get the smell of gasoline vapor. Also when I go from a stop and accelerate , I can smell it. I give up on this car. I honestly don't know what to do or how to fix it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Back to dealer buddy and make a scene right in the show room.
It will work new CAR here it come!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wednesday I sent the message to the head service writer whom I've dealt with pretty much since day one, and I was nice about it asking when would be a good time to bring in the car to have it looked at again , and I received a email back stating " I will talk with Jeff and Ed then reach back out to you." Apparently MB doesn't care that you drive a car that smells of gasoline, that could cause potential health hazards.... ( insert sarcasm) because I haven't heard back from them.

I think the more frustrating part is I bought the car from another dealership ( Lexus) but it had 19k on it(35k now) and well within warranty range, and so I asked the GM if this problem can't be fixed then this car is considered a Lemon at which time MB has to do something since you can't obviously repair my fuel vapor smell. His response was " Well, you would need to take it back to the dealership where you bought it from to ask for another car. So MB doesn't Honor Warranty?!?!?! I can't make this **** up. pardon my cussing but seriously enough is enough with all the junk.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wednesday I sent the message to the head service writer whom I've dealt with pretty much since day one, and I was nice about it asking when would be a good time to bring in the car to have it looked at again , and I received a email back stating " I will talk with Jeff and Ed then reach back out to you." Apparently MB doesn't care that you drive a car that smells of gasoline, that could cause potential health hazards.... ( insert sarcasm) because I haven't heard back from them.

I think the more frustrating part is I bought the car from another dealership ( Lexus) but it had 19k on it(35k now) and well within warranty range, and so I asked the GM if this problem can't be fixed then this car is considered a Lemon at which time MB has to do something since you can't obviously repair my fuel vapor smell. His response was " Well, you would need to take it back to the dealership where you bought it from to ask for another car. So MB doesn't Honor Warranty?!?!?! I can't make this **** up. pardon my cussing but seriously enough is enough with all the junk.
Its time to get mercedes corporate involved. And if you haven't already, i would email the dealership owner, general and service manager explaining the situation and asking for resolution for their faulty product. Sometimes the higher ups dont know whats happening at the ground level.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Fired off an email to MB corporate. Let's see if they respond back. M-type the service manager is who I'm dealing with and even the service writer is baffled.
Just shading light onto a very dark situation.

·
Registered
475 Posts
if the car when back to dealer 3 times for the same problem and not fixed that suppose qualify for lemon law.
you dont need to deal with lexus , its not their fault , MB all the way will give you car.
C

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update on the car,

There is an intake line apparently that their gas leak detector picked up on, if it doesn't fix it on this one the car is deemed a Lemon.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Update 6/7/17 the dealership replaced a air intake line to the car and Im not exactly sure what that line is or where it goes but that was picked up By a gasoline detector , but didnt fix the issue as not even 24hrs later the smell returned. I have called MB USA and Asked to speak to someone regarding the vehicle being a Lemon. Someone is supposed to get back to me within 48hrs. This is just going on too long now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Joe
Executive Referral Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

Is whom I'm dealing with and they are now reviewing my car for a Lemon case. My car to the date has 36k on it, Dealership has replaced fuel injector O-rings/seals, Breather tube and O-rings , Air intake Line, and nothing seems to cure the gasoline smell. I can't quite figure it out other than I believe the engine dropped a valve due to unknown first maintenance visit by the first owner of the vehicle, and I believe the previous owner started to smell what I did , and decided to ditch the car without telling the dealership where I bought it from. I mentioned to Joe, that this vehicle is a hazard to my health and that the GM of the MB dealership stated to me " It's not our problem and you'd have to go back to the original dealership where you bought it from." Joe was taken back by it and stated Your car is under warranty and we will stand behind our warranty , I just have to get everything together and present this case to our staff here who deals with this. I reminded him that in the state of NH it takes three attempts to fix the problem, if it can't be fixed the car is a Lemon. So , now I wait , but give me a break I've been dealing with this now since March 2017.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you for your voicemail message.

We have begun reviewing your concern and no further action is necessary on your part. I will contact you again after our review us complete or if we should need additional information.

Regards,

Joe
Executive Referral Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

thats the update as of now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Another update on the vehicle, Even though they told me that nothing was wrong with the fuel lines, as I was told this multiple times, They replaced fuel line and are re-testing.

I wrote to the service advisor , Enough is enough. Fish or cut bait. I have a life too, and this is just miserable. It's kind of like CPR just knowing when it's time to quit in knowing all options have been exhausted.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'll post pictures of what was replaced. Long story short, MB Field rep came out and they ended up replacing an intake line and a gas line, and by the gas line fix /5th fix.../ they said that my Gas vapor leak was the worst one, and that there are more GLA's across the US that are experiencing this very same issue. I can't understand why a head service writer can't tell me what was replaced on the vehicle itself and show me what was replaced. This car is under MB review and hopefully a buy back is in order because Even though the dealership claimed it was repaired, I was driving back and I could still smell some of it but very very intermittent.

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
Hopefully what you are smelling is residue tray will go away. And hopefully, if it is what you want, the Lemon Law will kick in. Thanks for keeping us updated. Good luck.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts