Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the fuse's standard or mini blade just bought this but don't really know if it will be correct
ATM APM Add A Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back MINI Blade Fuse Holder 15A ACS
ATM APM Add A Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back MINI Blade Fuse Holder 15A ACS | eBay
so I can use a low amp fuse to piggy back and which one would be best, really need fuse chart but weather is bad
to look in car. any help greatfully appreciated. To install a dash cam mini 0806 which you can view on utube.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorted used spare radio fuse for dash cam mini 0806 working.... hard wired to passenger fuse box....
happy days...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dash Cam Installation

I've just added a dash cam to my GLA 45 AMG. I have a hardwire kit and will be looking to install. Do you have any additional suggestions?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nice!

I bet a good portion of owners here will be looking to do the same if they haven't already.
How long did the whole install take you to do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice!

I bet a good portion of owners here will be looking to do the same if they haven't already.
How long did the whole install take you to do?
I spent less than 20 minutes installing thus far, but that is only in using the cigarette lighter power cable. The hard wire kit I purchased was not long enough to reach the fuse box with the camera mounted just in front of the rear view mirror. I guess I have a couple of options - 1) move the camera over to the passenger side; 2) find a new hard wire kit that is longer; 3) add some wire to the hard wire kit; or 4) stick with the cigarette lighter power cable. I welcome your suggestions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
installed using the mini blade tap with grey 2 amp fuse on fuse 107 radio in passenger footwell
with hard wire circuit protector cabling included with the Dash Cam and CPL lens and 32 gb micro sd card, take off the side panel on front dash passenger side and long cover for windscreen take out the plastic airbag connector using trim tool prise away pull up to top of screen...
all cabling will fit neatly along to centre light console unit, due to the size of mine different options I put it below it dead centre and put most of the cable inside the plastic housing... only thing I do is switch off the dash cam before locking the car...waiting for the Parking Guard GPS mount, so will have power all the time even when the car is locked to record movement, dashcam will switch on when I start the car....

Reactions: Cleve Hardman
1 - 6 of 6 Posts